Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Cannot install Flash Player 11 on 10.8.5

Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -  I am now desparate having checked both Adobe and Apple forums as I have tried to upgrade Flash on my Imac Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (Safari 6.1) and continually get General Installation errors. I have followed every thread that I can find on this (including the classic how to do a clean install of Flash) and cannot get past 55% installation before it crashes. This happens every time without fail.

Done a clean install of Mountain Lion, switched accounts and nothing works. Simply cannot download Flash.

if anyone can help that would be amazing!

Thanks

matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odds are, you inadvertently deleted the mach_kernel file that the 10.8.5 update made visible.
That's been the cause of the "General Installation Error" since the update was released.

See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1318151 for instructions and a download that may help.

Many people have had to reinstall their OS, but some were able to remedy it by downloading and installing OS 10.9 (it's free, so it couldn;t hurt to try if the other fix doesn't work)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines