• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 9 installation failed - can't uninstall v.8, does not appear in control panel

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Presenter 9, but I am getting an error that says "A conflicting or prerelease version of Adobe Presenter 9.0 exists on this computer.  The conflicting version must be removed before installing from the current media.".  From what I have read on the forums, I am interpreting this to mean I should uninstall Presenter 8 first.  According to the instructions, I should be able to remove it using the Programs and Features control panel, but Presenter does not appear there (if I open PPT it is still there, so I know v.8 is still installed).  I have tried using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool but Presenter does not appear as an option for removal.  Can you please tell me how I can uninstall Presenter 8 so I can install Presenter 9? I am using PPT 2010 32 bit and trying to install Presenter 9 32 bit.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Hi,

Based on the snapshot you have shared, it looks that Presenter 8 is installed as a part of eLearning Suite 6.1

So please select 'eLearning Suite 6.1' in Add remove programs and click "uninstall".

Then you will get option to select the products which you need to uninstall.

Select "Presenter 8" only and uninstall it.

Then install Presenter 9.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check your add/remove programs dialog. It shoudl be there under Adobe Presenter 8.

Presenter 8 in Add-Remove Programs.JPG

Presenter is not part of the CreativeCloud, so it would make sense that that tool wouldn't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have double-checked and it is definitely not listed:

Capture.JPG

I didn't think that cleaner would work, but I've already spent an hour and a half trying to figure this out so thought I would give it a try anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to the Presenter 8 installer, running it should recognize that Presenter is installed and give you an option to uninstall it. If that doesn't work, you may need to work with Support to manually remove the files that Presenter 9 is seeing an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but, unfortunately there is no option to uninstall:

Capture.JPG

I guess I will have to try contacting Support to see if they have any other suggestions. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call support at 800-945-9120 and see if they can help...

Out of curiosity, if you re-install Presenter 8, does it show up in the installed programs list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work.  I am now in touch with support so hopefully they can get things fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Based on the snapshot you have shared, it looks that Presenter 8 is installed as a part of eLearning Suite 6.1

So please select 'eLearning Suite 6.1' in Add remove programs and click "uninstall".

Then you will get option to select the products which you need to uninstall.

Select "Presenter 8" only and uninstall it.

Then install Presenter 9.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly, thanks! Perhaps it would be helpful to add something about this to the installation instructions for other eLearning Suite users.  Thanks again. -Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unistalling the entire eLearning Suite 6 did not work for me.  I still have conflicts when trying to install Presenter 9. 

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Which windows do you have ?

Did you install any other version of Adobe Presenter before Adobe Presenter 9 ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I Presenter 7 was installed before Presenter 8.  I have Windows 7.

I found my old thread here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5080369

I followed that.  Here is what I have done:

I ran the reg file from http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2012/08/resolution-adobe-presenter-8-installer-issue.html

I deleted all the folders and files related to Presenter 7 or 8 in

C Drive> Users > Your User Name>App Data > Local > Adobe >

and App Data > Roaming > Adobe >

I reinstalled everything.

So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is that a 64-bit or 32-bit windows 7 ?

You might need to rename a registry entry to remove PR 7 or PR 8 installation instances.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 7 64 bit.

I ran the reg file from http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2012/08/resolution-adobe-presenter-8-installer-issue.html for a 64-bit machine.

On Presenter 9 installl, I got a message that Windows was waiting to restart (but I had already restarted twice).  I installed anyway. It does seem to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help !!

Let us know for any further queries.

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Don,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Please share your contact information on tcssup@adobe.com and I will call you

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources