Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Assertion Failed

Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered a problem when I try to import an MS Excel sheet into my project. I have imported about 20 so far without any problem but now I am getting the following error:

Assertion Failed
RoboEditor: File<unknown file>, Line 123

I am then given the following options Abort - Retry - Ignore

If I click Abort I get:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Office\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe
Abnormal program termination
Then RH shuts down

If I click Retry I get the following:

The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x77f9193c.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

When the CANCEL option is selected I get:

Program Error
RoboHTML.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

Can anyone help!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Molaa,

Can you check the event veiwer, and locate the error. It may give us some more clues to the actual problem.

Regards,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian,
can you tell me how to locate the event veiwer?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Molaa

I have a gut feeling on this. You say it's been done many times in the past with no issues and suddenly cropped up. So I'm wondering if this has happened without restarting RoboHelp after many different successful imports?

I say this because I find that often I use RoboHelp HTML to import Captivate movies and integrate them with my projects. After a few imports, suddently RoboHelp begins disallowing further imports to continue and I end up having to kill it. But after restarting, I can import again. So you might try just closing RoboHelp down and restarting it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Molaa,

The event veiwer is located in Start \Control Panel\Administrative Tools. Look at the application events. If you can't remember when it occurred, try to import again, if it bombs, note the time, and check the error in the application event for that time.

Rick may be right, most times this is reported in the Microsoft forums, it is usually memory\buffer problems.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian & Rick,

Looks like the error was limited to one particular Excel sheet!! We imported another 20 without a problem! Will try and replicate the error next week and see what the event viewer comes up with.

Rick we did restart the PC after RH crashed and tried to import it again but it crashed again.

Thanks for your help – I’ll keep you posted

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

Just a thought, does the spreadsheet contain any macros, pivot table etc.?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Brian & Rick,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this topic but I was put on another project!!

Just to let you know that we only had one Excel sheet that had the problem below is a summary of the outcomes following on from your postings:

EVENT VIWER: The event viewer did not show anything for the error that occurred – (I checked the date and time of the error with the log)

MACROS: We could not ID if there were any macros in the sheet however we know there were no pivot tables involved.

RESTARTING ROBOHELP: – this would not appear to apply in this case as the offending Excel sheet is problematic even when it’s the first one to be imported.

Current status: We are going to rewrite this spreadsheet and try and then try to re-import it – wish me luck!!!

Thanks for your help

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp