• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboScreenCapture suddenly stopped working

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using TCS 4 and RoboScreenCapture has for some unknown reason stopped working  - it will not start. Rebooting/ restarting the PC does not fix the issue.

Unfortunately it does not seem possible to uninstall and reinstall it without uninstalling  the entire TCS. When I ran the TCS installer there were no options to reinstall just RoboScreenCapture.

I do not want to reinstall the entire TCS if avoidable.

Has anyone experinced this before, and know if it is possible to simply reinstall RoboScreenCapture?

Cheers Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Even though you don't see the window, does it appear on your Windows taskbar? If so, try clicking it, then pressing and holding your Windows key on the keyboard and tap the left arrow key a couple of times.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick

It does not appear on the Windows taskbar. When you start it, the RoboScreenCapture.exe process appears for a few seconds In Windows task manger then dissapears.

Any ideas?

Cheers Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

I know it sounds lame, but the next step I'd try is a simple reboot of the computer. Amazing how often that seems to help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick that does not fix the problem either.

I have also tried running RoboScreenCapture from Windows Explorer, from within RoboHelp, running it as Adminstrator, changing permissions on the file... changing compatability, all the tricks I can think of with no luck.

The only thing I can think of at this stage that may be related to is a Java update yesterday.

Do you know of anyway to reinstall it without the pain of reinstalling the entire TCS suite? I am approaching a deadline and do not want to take any risks with uninstalling and reinstalling TCS.

Cheers Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't.

Before the update was a restore point set? If so, you should be able to revert.

Aside from that, I'm out of ideas. Sorry

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe you can select its installation within the RH install options – try uninstalling it via the Control Panel and then reinstalling via your install media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp