Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a merge project via command line

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I create a merge chm-project via the command line (rhcl.exe), then the generated hhp file contains absolute paths to the child chm files, instead of relative paths.

The result is that the index and search does not work when opening the merged chm when the files are on another location. This seems a bug to me?

regards,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the Sticky Topics and always include the version of Rh that you are using.

Are you saying this only happens when you generate from the command line and it is OK if you generate from Rh?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I Use RH 10.

It indeed only happens when generating from the command line. When you generate from Rh, then the hhp of the merge project contains following section:

[MERGE FILES]

BaseProject1.chm

BaseProject2.chm

When generating from command line, the section looks like this (C:\usr\MergProject is the folder where the MergeProject is located, and the child chm files are located in that folder):

[MERGE FILES]

C:\usr\MergeProject\BaseProject1.chm

C:\usr\MergeProject\BaseProject2.chm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Item 13 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh9/using_rh9.htm

I am thinking the problem was fixed when generating from Rh but not the command line.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been solved? I have the same problem with my merged file in RH10. I am very close to being able to use the command line to auto-generate all help files as part of our software build process, but am unable to due to this .hhp bug for merged files and a few minor tweaks to the Word output's formatting.

In Robohelp 8 we often had to fix the HHP as mentioned in the link Peter Grainge provided, but now with 10, even fixing the HHP and verifying the content of the XPJ doesn't work with the command line - it always resets to include an absolute path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use command line generation but to the best of my knowledge, this has not been fixed.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp