• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mark of the Web Question

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2007 Apr 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please clarify something on the new Mark of the Web option on WebHelp output in RH6? Even though the option is available when generating WebHelp output, the resulting output does not appear any different than it did with RH X5 for the same project (and still does not work with our VB app on a local machine when the Active X security option is turned off). Now I see the What's New in This Release topic in the RH6 help file lists WebHelp Pro, FlashHelp, and FlashHelp Pro as the layouts that support Mark of the Web. No WebHelp. So does Mark of the Web work for WebHelp or not? Do I have to change my output to WebHelp Pro to get mark of the web? If so, what other implications are there for switching from WebHelp to WebHelp Pro? Does this mean I have to buy RH6 Server instead of plain RH6? Sorry to be freaking out, but this is not what I expected. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran a quick test with WebHelp. Turned off the Allow Active X options. Generated with MOW and opened the output. No information bar and it opened correctly locally.

Test opening the help directly on a local drive. If it opens correctly then, the issue has to be the calling from the VB application. I cannot help you on that. Is there a VB forum your developers can try?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I did as you suggested and you are correct (not surprising). The issue is with the way our VB application is calling the help file. And while I realize this is not in any way your field of expertise, might you have any suggestions on forums or other resources that could help our VB developers in this area? Off-list is fine if you desire. Unfortunately the individuals originally involved in the implementation are no longer here (either the RH or VB developer), and the only people more clueless than me on the interface between VB and RH are our remaining developers. Any advice would be appreciated, and thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we are speaking of the WOM feature, I am having some diffculties with this feature too but with totally different symptoms and ouput:
It is the Webhelp pro output that is causing me a headache: when I add this feature and the web app calls on the help using an online webhelp pro call ( http://server/roboAPI.asp?project=projectname or http://server/roboAPI.asp?project=projectname&context=ID>context) the help page fails to load. Just a white htm page and exporer 7 seems to be lost and confused... Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you add the MOW when the help is on a server? Its purpose is to enable webhelp to run on a local drive and it is not needed on a server. I have seen pages with MOW run OK on a server so perhaps it should not have this effect but if the help runs OK without it...

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you recognise, this has now gone beyond my area and unfortunately I don't know of any VB forums to recommend. Not something our guys use so they won't be able to advise either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Indeed I do realise this but the problem arose because this option is checked by default on the WH Pro layout and command line compiled and published several projects with the option MOW on.
Allso, if WH Pro is indeed primarly used for server based help why is this option there in the first place ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that with any form of webhelp, the default should be off. Both forms of webhelp are primarily for server hosting but you may nonetheless want to generate locally while working on something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If your VB developers access this site, and search on "mark of the web", they may find something useful.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp