• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Mcafee included with the Flash update? I don't appreciate unwanted apps auto installing!

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remove Mcafee from future updates to Flash. If I wanted or needed Mcafee I would have gone to their site to get it. Now I am wasting precious time complaining about it and also uninstalling it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When asked to download an Adobe Flash Player update today, I did so and started the application.

I saw that it was also downloading McAffe security software - without my approval. I was never asked to install additional software and I aborted the installation process.

This is absolutely abusive behavior and I will not tolerate this kind of behavior from any company, no matter how widespread their product may be.

I will also be contacting McAfee to let them know that I have a much lower opinion of their company than before for being complicit in this behavior.

It is amoral and should be criminal behavior to sneak additional software onto someone's computer like this. Shame on you, Adobe. This is worse than having opt-in boxes for additional products already checked.

I am disgusted and Adobe should be ashamed - but I'm sure that it is not.

The contact for McAfee Corporate Respnsibility is Richard_Cohn@mcafee.com

If you are upset about McAfee, or any other company, being complicit in this behavior, please contact that company and let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totaly agree!!!

If there was an alternativ for Flash, I would say goodbye to Adobe, allready did so with adobe reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

covangy wrote:

I totaly agree!!!

If there was an alternativ for Flash, I would say goodbye to Adobe, allready did so with adobe reader.

There is an alternative. It's called HTML5. Just say "no" to Flash. Steve Jobs was right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines