• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reusing standardized tables created with "Building Blocks" in Word

Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new to RoboHelp HTML 9 and I am still in the learning process, so my question might seem a bit trivial.

In Word there is this "Building Blocks" feature that allows to save standardized content for future reuse.  I use this feature a lot, especially to insert standardized tables for Warnings and Notes. These tables are fully formatted and have the symbols already integrated so that I only have to add some text.

My question is: Is there a similar feature in RoboHelp? Is there a feature that allows me to store these pre-defined tables somewhere and reuse them with one click? As far as I understand, the Snippet feature might not do it because it doesn't allow me to add customized text to the tables.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While it's true that you cannot have a snippet with "individualized text", I do think Snippets would be the proper workflow for this. Here is how I might suggest accomplishing it.

Create the Snippets with the tables the way you wish to see them as a starting point.

As you need the Snippets, insert them. But after you insert the Snippet into the topic, right-click it and choose "Convert to HTML text" from the context menu. The Snippet will then be simply converted as if it were just a table you had inserted into the topic. Any changes to the original Snippet will no longer be reflected in this one as you will have broken the link between them.

There is a way to create your own Table Template style, but it's a bit convoluted and difficult to achieve. I think the Snippets would be the easier way to fly.

Hope this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to work Rick

This is the workflow that I was looking for. Thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp