• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed Internet Explorer 11 and now flashplayer wont work or be recognized by IE 11

Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I

I received a Microsoft update foir my pc with the new Internet Explorer 11 on the update. I downloaded it and installed it and now when I try  to annotate my financial charts on Stockcharts.com I cant, I get a message that this requires flashplayer and to download flashplayer.  Prior to installing IE 11 i had IE 10 and Windows 7 and had adobe flashplayer installed on my computor. I had no problems with  annotating financial charts on Stockcharts.com. Now whe I try to annotate a chart I get a message that this requires flashplayer and I should download flashplayer.

I uninstalled flashplayer from my computor and downloaded the lastest version 11.9 etc and the problem persists.  cansto annotate any charts and get a message to dlownload flashplayer. I dont think IE 11 is recognizing flashplayer now.  I also have google chrome installed on my pc and with that I can annotate the stochcharts financial charts.

I would appreciate some help in resolving this problem.

Sincerely,

JHuber8383

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft "pushed a patch" yesterday (Nov 12) with a Flash Player Update. IE 10 and 11 have Flash Player embedded by Microsoft, and it CANNOT be updated or repaired via Adobe. RUn the latest update to update to 11.9.900.152

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE 10 and IE 11 and perhaps even earlier, Microsoft installed ACTIVE X FILTERING in the browser. I believe that Active X filters out certain TYPES of content. The video clips offered by certain sites like ABC.com are blocked as potentially harmful. YouTube will work fine as will many other sites. When IE blocks their content, sites like ABC.com misinterpret the blockage as you not having Flash Player installed. ABC.com then notifies you that you must have Flash Player installed to play the video and offers you a way to install it. You can turn off ACTIVE X FILTERING on the tools menu of IE but that will make you vulnerable to the malicious content ACTIVE X FILTERING was designed to prevent. Fortunately there is another solution.

In the ADDRESS box in the top left corner of your browser ( where http://forums.adobe.com or the address of your current web site appears ) there is a clockwise circular arrow that will REFRESH your current web page. Immediately to the left of the REFRESH arrow is a small circle with a diagonal line thru it ( the universal symbol for negation as in the traffic sign for NO LEFT TURN ).  If you left click that small circle, a box will drop down. In the box will be a button that offers you the ability to TURN OFF ACTIVE X FILTERING. Click on the button and you will turn off the filtering for this one visit and on only this web site. Once you TURN OFF ACTIVE X FILTERING, the video content will play just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On internet explorer 11 there is no small circle with diagonal line next to the circular refresh arrow. Ive tried turning off active x filtering in the Internet exlporer 11 internet options in the security custom panel, and with the tool wheel at the left upper hand corner of the web page with the saftey- active x filtering option and neither works. I still get "flash player not installed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback on the absence of the small circle. That helped me to realize that the small circle only appears when IE is blocking some content on a web page. I have it even on this page.

If you don't see the small circle, then the filter is not blocking any content, and my proposed solution is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enabling Compatibility View has resolved a number of "ills" with IE11 and Win 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines