• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing my Adobe ID...having problems.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since changed my e-mail and updated my Adobe ID on the website. However, I recently recieved an update on my Nook and it won't let me read the library eBooks I've downloaded. I have the program Adobe Digital Edition 2.0. When I try to re-authorize my device, the only option it gives me for my Adobe ID is my old e-mail address (old Adobe ID). How can I change this? I've tried deleting the program and re-downloading it...nothing has worked so far. When I try to open the PDF or EPUB files I've downloaded from the library I get this message:

Error Dialog User not activated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is probably down to a memory of the old registration somehwere, either on ADE (Digital Editions) or the Nook or both.

Try the following:  Some of the steps are probably unnecessary, but depends on the details which ones.

1. ctrl-shift-D to ADE to deauthorize ADE itself (cmd-shift-D on Mac)
  2. ctrl-shift-E to ADE with the Nook plugged in to deauthorize the Nook (cmd-shift-E on Mac)
  3. restart ADE
  4. authorize ADE with your new email and password (menu-Help-Authoirze Computer)
  5. copy the authorization to the Nook (menu-help-Authorize Device)

There are quite a few bugs in ADE2.0. 

If the above doesn't work, it may be that the Nook update has somehow stirred one of them.

In that case, try the older more reliable 1.7.2.

~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines