• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating the Creative Cloud Desktop, gives error A12E6. Resolution?

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Creative Cloud icon invited me to update the Creative Cloud desktop, I agreed. Part way through the process, an error message appeared. "Error encountered updating the Creative Cloud desktop. Error code A12E6. Contact Customer Support." I have searched Adobe Community for this error code  and Creative Cloud with zero hits.

I am on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.8.4 fully patched, 8 GB, and many many GB free storage.

Assistance appreciated.

Doug

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

I just encountered the same problem. Before trying the more elaborate fixes offered here (I'm always suspicious of recommendations to use the root account or to disable any security software!), I relaunched Adobe Creative Cloud and tried the update process again. It worked correctly this time.

I'm not saying this approach will work every time A12E6 appears, but it's an easy first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pixelpaddler,

Please follow the mentioned steps:

1.  Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and rename it to OOBE.old

2. Enable root account: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528 and log on to root

3. Disable any security software if installed on Mac

4.Delete opm.db file located at :MAC : ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

(opm.db file is present in your user library.This library is hidden from MAC 10.7 onwards.

So in order to locate that,

• Click on Go at the top
  • Select Go to folder
  • type ~/library/
  • This will take you to the library folder and then you can locate opm.db file at Application Support/Adobe)

5. Download CC desktop from www.creative.adobe.com and try to install it.

Incase you are not successfull then please Check the Activity Monitor and see if AAM process is running, if yes then try to kill the process.

opm.db file needs to be deleted in order to process further.

These steps might help you.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

after updating to Maverick, I had problems with the creative cloud application updater. Therefore I desinstalled it with the deinstaller link. This also deletes the deinstaller.

After that I tried to reinstall it, but it always fails. All the suggested solutions did not work for me, neither login as root user, using the cleantool, delete the db, etc.

When I click on AAM Registration Notifier or  Update Notifier, I get a message, the Application Manager is broken and it says that I have to reinstall the creative cloud for desktop.

The Problem is, after running the installer, it always fails close to the end. Sometimes I get the error code A12E6, sometimes I get the dialogue, the creative cloud did not install (the one with the customer support link in the lower left corner).

Maverick, OS X 10.9, Mac

Any ideas?

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue as Charango99 and am hoping for a solution soon. 

The Adobe support rep I was working with could not figure it out either and wasted a few hours on this today.  : (

Unlike Charango99ā€”I have never gotten this message though "error code A12E6" or this "the Application Manager is broken and it says that I have to reinstall the creative cloud for desktop."

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1- Launch the activity monitor from : Application/Utilities.

If 'AAM Update Notifier' or 'AAM Registration Notifier' are launched stop them and retry .

2-Rename "OOBE" to "OOBEold" in : [MacHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe .

_ Reboot in minimal startup : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455 .

_ Download the direct link of AAM from : http://adobe.ly/19fyoNX  ( Click on Action on the top right corner ).

_ Launch it.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered the same problem. Before trying the more elaborate fixes offered here (I'm always suspicious of recommendations to use the root account or to disable any security software!), I relaunched Adobe Creative Cloud and tried the update process again. It worked correctly this time.

I'm not saying this approach will work every time A12E6 appears, but it's an easy first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by HenstepRobbie, after restarting my Mac, the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop undate installed successfully. I'm left with two comments:

1. Updating the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop will be a commonly performed activity. I notice I did it last only 12 days ago. For such a commonly needed process and one that is necessary in order to perform other Creative Cloud functions, it should be close to being bulletproof reliable. Looking at the wide range of suggestions for dealing with this error indicates that the design of the updating routine is a ways from being complete. First, such a frequent process should not be failing as often as appears to be happening judging from the number of messages now found on this topic. Second, the error trapping process should produce an error message closely linked with the true cause and the definite steps required to address it. Try this, dig into your system and remove that, turn that off, Can all these things be sometimes part of the cause?

2. In the short term, before the underlying process can be made robust, the error message itself badly needs additional information. "Contact customer support" is virtually useless: Adobe Support? Which flavor? Creative Cloud Support? General Support? Adobe Community? Forums? Creative Cloud Forum? Why did a search of Adobe's site and later a search of all forums on "A12E6" fail to produce a hit? A search on an error message ID ought to lead directly to solid information.

The first priority for technical staff should be to improve the reliability of the update process operation. But a tweak of the error message text that pops up should be a simple matter.

Appreciate the number of folks who pitched in to offer suggestions for getting around whatever failed. Thank you.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found when I quit creative cloud and then ran the installer separately it worked. So annoying though, this is such a dumb error, and it's amplified by the amount of times you have to update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Creative Cloud update didn't give me an A12E6 error, but it didn't actually work either. This time the symptom was a continually spinning wheel when I selected the Apps tab to get the new Photoshop update. But guess what? Quitting and relaunching Creative Cloud was all that was necessary to get things moving again.

I agree with Pixelpaddler and ThatAnalog that Adobe really needs to make the update process more robust, especially given the frequency of Creative Cloud.app updates (as opposed to updates for the actual applications).

And what's that about anyway? My suspicion is that the company has to keep patching it because people keep finding ways around the licence management system. If I'm right, it's like the way Apple seems to be quick to patch vulnerabilities that threaten the 'integrity' of its ecosystem (eg issues relating to the iTunes Store or App Store), but not always so quick to release updates that would protect its customers from exploits.

Is it a case of "stuff the customers, our commercial interests come first"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue too, after several attempts, restarts etc. This is how it fixed itself for me:

ā€¢ Went to my Applications folder, opened the folder "Adobe Creative Cloud"

there were two alias icons there, one for "Adobe Creative Cloud", one for "Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud"

ā€¢ When I double clicked on the former to launch it, it said it couldn't find the original; I then control-clicked on the alias and selected "Show Original"

ā€¢ When it revealed the original to me I double clicked on that icon and it launched Creative Cloud, prompted me for the update, and went through successfully.

Heck who knows, maybe it was just an alias-original issue, but so far so good.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this helped me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have continued to "groan" every time message received that there is an Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop update, as I too have encountered the dreaded A12E6 error message (again and again).

I have followed all the recommendations - including the labor intensive ones (navigate to ... rename ... reboot in minimal startup. etc) and am finally able to make the update work ... after way too much time in the process of achieving something that should NOT require so much effort.

THANK YOU sodium99 for this solution (below). This worked for me - quick and easy. I agree, maybe it's an anomaly with an alias-original issue, but the UPDATE WORKED flawlessly! This solution gets a big thumbs-up!

"I had this issue too, after several attempts, restarts etc. This is how it fixed itself for me:

ā€¢ Went to my Applications folder, opened the folder "Adobe Creative Cloud"

there were two alias icons there, one for "Adobe Creative Cloud", one for "Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud"

ā€¢ When I double clicked on the former to launch it, it said it couldn't find the original; I then control-clicked on the alias and selected "Show Original"

ā€¢ When it revealed the original to me I double clicked on that icon and it launched Creative Cloud, prompted me for the update, and went through successfully.

Heck who knows, maybe it was just an alias-original issue, but so far so good.

Good Luck."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been having this issue and am near the end of my rope. (Running OS X 10.7.5, lots of RAM and storage space; all internet permissions open; etc., etc.) Wasted several days trying the fixes here and around the net. No luck. Today, spent two hours on help chat doing all the same things. Still no resolution. Finally they said they couldn't help, and maybe I should try to create a new admin account, which aside from being an awful suggestion on it's own, didn't work anyway.

Adobe, if you are listening, this issue is costing people money! We pay for a service and expect it to work. Especially a service that many of us use to make our living.

Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having been through this too many times myself already (ALSO running OSX 10.7.5, plenty of RAM, storage space, permissions, etc etc) I have started refusing the query to "update creative cloud?".

Not worth the hassle or wasted time. I am slso paying for Adobe Creative Cloud (rate just went up after the 1-year honeymoon). The icon on my menu bar continues to tell me "updates available".

Agree completely with zmjohnson:

Adobe, if you are listening, this issue is costing people money! We pay for a service and expect it to work. Especially a service that many of us use to make our living.

Fix it!

Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I too did woander if it was worth the hassle .... it took almost a month ... a week or two of 6 hours a day on line with the "techs" ...

I finally had to go for a clean sweep on my computer - which , by the way made me loose half of my workfiles - I just hope no one else has to go through what I did just to get an updated CS6 called Creative Cloud .

KEEP your CS6 even CS5 if you still have it ... Who knows what we will have to go through when the time to upgrade comes along !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve the any update issue with cretive cloud applicaitons , perform the steps mentioned below

• Windows OS

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe  ........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available ) C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe    .... remove  AAMUpdater file   

• Mac OS X

Application "Roaming Data Folder"     /Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe.....  remove AAMUpdater file     Application "local cached data folder"      /Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe        ........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available )

• Un install Adobe Creative Cloud

Windows           Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features  ...... Uninstall adobe creative cloud     MAC           Applicaiton  > Adobe Creative Cloud > uninstall Adobe creative cloud

• Install creative cloud again from Creative.adobe.com

https://creative.adobe.com/

Sign in to creative cloud  , update issue will be resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this on my Mac running Mavericks. The solution that worked for me was the following:

1. Goto Activity Monitor. Force Quit the AAM process

2. Go to Applications -> Adobe Creative Cloud

3. Execute Adobe Creative Cloud shortcut (if that fails, to start, right click on it and select Get info to locate the original)

4. Select Update

This worked fine without the complexity of the file management outlined here. This did work for me but I suspect that file corruption can happen and that the "long" method should be noted in case the "quick" fix doesn't work.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines