Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to reduce the Stream.publish latency

Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 'm now working on a video charting project,  one side is in a BW limited network, the other is in a BW unlimited network, when the limit reduce to 450Kbit/s, the side under limited network result to 2KB/s on publish netstream, but play stream is OK,I calculate the BW for update and download, both 40KB-50KB ,what's wrong with that??

What can I do to increase the speed of publishing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, the larger your packet frame over RTMP to FMS will take longer to initially package and cache the video, thus when clients play a live stream the delay will be dictated by how quick the FMS server packages the initial 4 second, 8 second, 12 second, 16 second. Usualy by 16 seconds, the live stream is playable.   I have not found a way, such as like with 'ffmpeg -re'  realtime encoding, to enable this feature on FMS, or if it can be manipulated through service side action script main.asc.

Let me know if you do figure a way after packaging, that FMS can close the gap on the cache, to reduce the latency from publish to live client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also keep in mind, if there is any connection downtime or fluctuations in virtualization on the socket that is establishst, that the closer to real time encoding, may create undesirable live playback conditions. Whereas with a larger buffer cache server side, will serve up a smoother live video stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!

I have reduced the delay when clients play a live stream by make Queue = false in "Server.xml" and

set EnableAggMsgs=false in PlayBack.

do you mean that I can reduce the packet frame send to FMS to accelerate uploading live stream?

how??? and are there any other options???? thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines