• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I force progressive download?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Media Server all set up and playing videos over RTMP.

Users on low bandwith settings experience buffering, on occasion. To combat this, I want to force users to download the entire video before they watch any of it.

Through my research, I've found that "Progressive download" is the way to go if I want to do this, though I haven't found how to enable or access this on the server.

How do I force progressive download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progressive download is available to be set on the Client.

You can also do DVR type progressive loading of the video weven with HDS or HLS streaming as well, which for HLS is set in the httpd.conf file in Apache, and for HDS .f4m, this is set with the manifest playlist .f4m file.

Also integrating JW Player to your scope can be accessed through javascript API to set download duration before a video plays.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in control of the client. I'm using the Strobe Media Playback, and alternatively, a simple flash client using netConnection and netStream.

How do I set it on the client? Is it a change of "rtmp://" to "http://", or do I have to change a flashvar setting or what?

And if I set progressive download on the client, would it be different than using HDS or HLS?

In my http.conf, what I changed is:

Under <Location /hls-vod>

HttpStreamingContentPath

from "../webroot/vod" to "../applications/recorder/streams/_definst_"

All of my videos are in that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed this problem (buffering interrupting the video) by setting the "buffertime" flashvar of the Strobe Mediay Playback to 3600 ( an hour), past the reasonable length of our user's videos, so that they only have to buffer once, and then they'll never buffer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines