Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MMS.cfg is being ignored.

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to set up Flash Player so that standard non-administrator users are not bothered by constant update notifications that they are unable to perform themselves because they lack admin rights. I'd like to have Flash Player auto-update for these users as well.

I came across info suggesting mms.cfg can take care of this problem, however Flash Player doesn't seem to acknowledge the silent update command within mms.cfg. Instead, Flash Player continues to present me with an update download prompt each time I log onto the machine.

Here is what I have listed in my mms.cfg file...

AutoUpdateDisable=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

AutoUpdateInterval=0

The file has been saved as UTF-8.
It has been saved to BOTH C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash on this test machine just to be safe.
I am using Windows 7 Pro x64.
I am trying to test the updater with Flash Player 11.9.900.117 currently installed (attempting to have it update to 11.9.900.152).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a kindlefire IPAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines