• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help configuring updates via mms.cfg

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Win 7 x64 and have both the ActiveX and Plugin installed. My Flash Player version is 11.9.900.117 and when I open the Flash Player entry in Control Panel and go to the Advanced tag and click Check Now, the resulting page says the current version is 11.9.900.152.

I followed the the instructions here (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/administration-configure-auto-update-notification.html) and in the admin guide (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html) to configure for updates using the mms.cfg file. My mms.cfg file contains 3 lines (below) and is placed in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.

AutoUpdateDisable=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

AutoUpdateInterval=0

From all the instructions, the update check should happen at each run of Flash Player per AutoUpdateDisable=0 & AutoUpdateInterval=0 and then should silently install per SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1, but I cannot get my Flash Player to update. I have restarted my computer and IE multiple times; visiting a Flash enabled sites in between to kickstart the process, but no luck.

I am testing this process to deploy to about 2500 machines in my organization. I can't even get to work on my machine though. Any help is appreciated.

FP_1.jpg

FP_2.jpg

FP_3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello James, I'm seeing the same thing.  I've got 150 clients setup with settings that should allow Adobe Flash Player to auto upgrade to 11.9.900.152, but they are not for some reason.

Adobe must not be allowing auto updates to that version for some reason.

I know they usually do this for major version upgrades, but since this is just a minor upgrade, the auto update should work.

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having the same problem.

We got 250 client, and only some of the clients receive a prompt on login (who shuld not happend, se mms.cfg) with information on downloading 11.9.900.152.

But downloading and install is not posible unless user is a Administrator on the PC.

mms.cfg

AutoUpdateDisable=0

AutoUpdateInterval=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

Reagards RoarSk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines