• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have old ebooks (different formats)

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have quite a few e-books, which I would like to read.   there in LIT(From Microsoft Reader), and Epub (from Fictionwise).

Can these formats be transferable to ADE? 

The fictionwise e-books are very rare.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they are not DRM then use the free Calibre to convert them to whatever is convenient.

http://calibre-ebook.com/

You'll also probably find Calibre much better than ADE for all non-DRM book tasks (reading, transferring, managing, converting, etc)

The .epub files should be readable on ADE even if DRM; reading DRM .epub files is really what ADE is for.

I'm almost certain ADE cannot read .LIT files.

You may be able to remove DRM from .lit files using a DRM stripper such as epubee.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because problems with DRM infrastructure and its implementation, such a measure is totally justifiable.

As the .lit format appears to be deprecated, that may well justify the use of such code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines