Exit

Child TOC does not display in Merged Help Output

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 9

Word 2010

I have a merged project with two child projects. The first child has been in the parent project and working fine for different generated outputs. I regulary swop out different child projects to generate cusotm output compilations with no problem.

Created a new child project and added this to the Parent TOC but the output does not display the second child TOC items in the TOC.

Any ideas welcome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you regenerated the parent since adding the TOC.

BTW. You don't need to swap children in and out. Have one merge with all the required children. Copy the folder with all the generated outputs and then delete the children not required.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops!, schoolboy error. I think i have done this before:

Child project has a build number in the name. I used hyphens for the project name in between the build numbers but dots between the build numbers in the child project generate path.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the lightning fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp