Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Failed to load xml file

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a multiple project output using RobohHelp HTML 9. In the online help system,  when I search for certain terms, I encounter this message "Error: Failed to load xml file"

could anyone let me know if you have encountered the same and how you dealt with this?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What help output format are you producing and what browser are you using? That may have an impact on what you’re seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp output format

Internet explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, is the webhelp located locally or on a web server? Is it happening with any other browser flavours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff. The webhelp is located locally as well as on the server. I guess the location of the webhelp is not the problem. As you predicted, the browser is creating the problem. The error message displays when i used Internet explorer but there is no problem if I use FireFox. When I use Firefox I don't get any error message.

So I don't know if this is a RoboHelp issue or a browser issue. Do let me know what needs to be done next. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if it works in FF, then it’s a browser issue – check your options to ensure that you’ve allowed JavaScript to run. You may also have add the location to the list of Trusted Locations too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff. I enabled the Javascripting in the browser. In fact it was already enabled. Secondly, is there something called Trusted Locations? I searched the Internet Explorer's help. There is only Trusted Sites that I see. Kindly advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did add the online help URL to the trusted sites and enabled Javascript. This problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry – Trusted Sites. I’ve got nothing else for you – maybe try Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff..i resolved the issue..

Given that i use merged webhelp, I checked the output of multiple projects. One of the online outputs from one of the projects was having this problem. So I cleared the Webhelp output folder and regenerated this project. This was the fix.

Now I encounter one more problem. When I search for information, the search bar shows 100% complete but the results would'nt show. Can you let me know if you have come across such a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp