Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Recording - screen capture isn't capturing correct window

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working in Captivatre 7 on a Mac, and I'm trying to add a recording slide to do a tutorial in Photoshop. When I do the screen capture, and then finish, it takes me back to Captivate, and all the slides have the background of my captivate template instead of the Photoshop window. This hasn't happened to me before, and all the settings look the same - I've used screen capture in Captivate 5 & 6, but not 7 yet. When I went to try the screen capture in Captivate 6 also, it's doing the same thing. Some of the motions (but not all) are being captured correctly - the text captions are referencing the motions related to Photoshop. Here are some photos below - the orange background is my Captivate background template, and I've added some photos of my settings. Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.20.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.31.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.31.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.18.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.18.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.18.47 AM.png

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Take a look in your Library under Backgrounds to see if there are a bunch of capture graphics listed there.  If there are, then you have the captures all right, you're just not seeing them in the slide views.  It could be that you have Master Slides assigned to these slides and the Master Slide graphics are sitting on top of the screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look in your Library under Backgrounds to see if there are a bunch of capture graphics listed there.  If there are, then you have the captures all right, you're just not seeing them in the slide views.  It could be that you have Master Slides assigned to these slides and the Master Slide graphics are sitting on top of the screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you have a blank (child) master slide and assign that one to the slides. If the objects you are seeing now sit on the main master slide, you can still create a blank child master slide for which you uncheck the options 'Show Main Master Slide Objects' adn 'Use Master Slide Background' in the Properties panel of that child master slide.

If you want to have the captured slides fitting in the central rectangular space, you'll need another approach: knockout master slide:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/create-and-use-a-knockout-master-slide

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to know, this help a lot, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources