• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant install 12.1 patch, updates have been suppressed. HELP!! PLZ!

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my OS to Mavericks & now I cant use my CS6 or CC AE ap. 

When I run the patch I get the error 'UPDATES COULD NOT BE APPLIED' & it says Updates have been supressed by the admin.

How do I install this update?

My IT dude has no clue & is offering me no support.

Thanks in adveance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Hi,

Please try below steps & let us know if it works.

1. Close ALL Adobe applications
  2. Open Terminal by clicking Go on the top bar, selecting Utilities and then double clicking Terminal
  3. Run the following command (you can copy and paste if you like)
    sudo rm /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat
  4. Press Enter
  5. Enter your password (this is the password for your machine, not necessarily your NMU password)
  6. Type Exit
  7. Launch any Adobe CC application and select updates f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try below steps & let us know if it works.

1. Close ALL Adobe applications
  2. Open Terminal by clicking Go on the top bar, selecting Utilities and then double clicking Terminal
  3. Run the following command (you can copy and paste if you like)
    sudo rm /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat
  4. Press Enter
  5. Enter your password (this is the password for your machine, not necessarily your NMU password)
  6. Type Exit
  7. Launch any Adobe CC application and select updates from the Help menu

Regards,

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried it & this what I got....

"

rm: /Library/Application: No such file or directory

rm: Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat: No such file or directory"

hmmmmm....

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck getting the 12.1 Patch to install....day number five trouble shooting.

Here is what I have tried...

• logging out of the cloud to install patch. result: I get the error 'UPDATES COULD NOT BE APPLIED' & it says Updates have been supressed by the admin.
  • logging into the clound with another Adobe ID to install patch. result: I get the error 'UPDATES COULD NOT BE APPLIED' & it says Updates have been supressed by the admin.
  • Tried the above line pasted into TERMINAL. result:

"

rm: /Library/Application: No such file or directory

rm: Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat: No such file or directory"

• I searched for above .DAT file cant find it anywhere. (looked on my personal imac where 12.1 is running fine on Mavericks, not there either)
  • Have completely unistalled CC & AE & run Adobe Cleaner, restarted twice now & was still unable to install the patch.
  • Asked my admin to unsupress my updates from his admin acct. He told me there was no way to do this.

I am now looking for ways to get AE CS6 installed because I have a ton of projects dues mid week.

Thanks for the help on this problem. I am so baffeled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same issue and followed the same steps as you did with the same results.

I manually followed the path indicated above and deleted the "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" file and then the installer launched successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Manually following the path

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

And deleting that .dat file did it for me.

I then started up a CC program and looked under the help menu on the Nav bar at the the top (mac). Clicked the update link and things started happening. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines