• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No ebooks after reinstallation (and pc authorization)

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, recently I bought an eBook for ADE from a local online bookstore (IBS.it) and after authorizing my pc with my ONLY adobe ID I was able to read it. Then I had to upgrade my pc and so reinstall ADE, after reauthorizing the program with the same Adobe ID no eBooks appeared on my shelves. I went and re-downloaded the licence from the store but obviously when clicked on it it said ERROR: ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER... How can I do? I spent some money in that eBook, and i need it for university too! HELP please!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes ADE gets confused registration, particularly after a reinstall.

It seems to half remember the old registration but not correctly, and then all sorts of odd things happen.

So try deregistering and reregistering as ~~~~ below.

If it was just an upgrade you presumably have all the old files;

you should be able to open them on the new PC/ADE once the registration is corrected.

~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately I already tried ctrl-shift-D for two times... No result it still recognises the account but no ebooks on the shelf

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 26/nov/2013, alle ore 19:45, sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com> ha scritto:

Re: No ebooks after reinstallation (and pc authorization)

created by sjpt in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Sometimes ADE gets confused registration, particularly after a reinstall.

It seems to half remember the old registration but not correctly, and then all sorts of odd things happen.

So try deregistering and reregistering as ~~~~ below.

If it was just an upgrade you presumably have all the old files;

you should be able to open them on the new PC/ADE once the registration is corrected.

~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5876829#5876829

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it was just an upgrade you presumably have the original book files from before the upgrade.

As long as you correctly register ADE with the same ID as before, you should be able to read the old books.

The Adobe system (and booksellers systems) do not keep backup copies of books for you in the cloud,

so that they can be automatically installed on new hardware.

They only keep track of the DRM authorization information.

It is your responsibility to backup your books appropriately in case of failure, and copy them over in case of upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the original pdf DRM book, but I can't open it on ADE as when I try to log in with my account I get the message "the specified account is not associated to the element you are trying to open"... but I don't have any other account! Only have two mail addresses and when I try to insert the other one (gmail) in the "forgot password" field I get a server communication error, so there must be only one ID!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this will work but if the book is now showing in your ADE library, what information does it give if you select it (I know you can't open it) and use ctrl-I (cmd-I on Mac)?  For books you do have access to it shows its license information, and with luck it will at least give the information for a book you don't have access to and remind you what account the book is licenced to.

ctrl-shift-I will also give information about how ADE is currently registered/authorized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can drag and drop the file into the library, it appears like a gray sheet on which there's a red exclamation point. if I go to the info window it also says "this file is associated to another account" and nothing more... but I only have two email addresses, and if one of them is not recognised by the system, how could there possibly be another??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can suggest is a little more exploration that won't directly lead to a result, but may help towards one.

Are you running ADE2.0/2..0.1 or the older v1.7.2?

v1.7.2 is generally more reliable, but 2.0 will give a bit more information that can be helpful if you are willing to dig.

On 2.0/2.0.1, type ctrl+shift+I (Help/Authorization Information) and it will give details about your registration,

including the internal Adobe ID (urn:uuid)

You can check the registration (internal Adobe ID) the book is authorized with by this irritating route ...

open a sample DRM .epub file as a .zip file.

With some zip programs, you can just open the .epub as an archive (ev, with 7zip),

with others you will have to rename the .epub file to a .zip file first, then open it.

find the file 'rights.xml' within the zip.  Probably  'META-INF\rights.xml'

open the rights.xml file

inside you will find a section '<user>' that looks something like

<user>urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-xxxxxxxxxxxx</user>

If those urn's match, you should be able to read the book.

If they don't, the book is registered to the wrong user.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to find the useris (email) currently associated with the given urn:uuid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I have a .pdf file, not an .epub... tried this anyway but winrar isn't recognising it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought the wrapping for a DRM .pdf book was the same as for a DRM .epub book,

but I see I was wrong.  .... sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines