• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Install Complete Still Not Working

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have installed and uninstalled Adobe Flashplayer 3x. It still will not work. I have used uninstaller. I have done everything to insure that it will download and no success. Please help.

Thank you.

AdobeInstallationIssue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally got flash player to run today after several hours of frustration. Even after installing the latest version of Flash, enabling Flash add-ons, deleting Flash browsing data, and installing and uninstalling flash about 20 million times, could not get it to work.  I used the uninstaller and followed all guidance I could find.  It turns out the Adobe guidance is what led me astray.  See Adobe guidance @ http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html especially item 2 under "Solutions" regarding ActiveX filtering.

Sheer trial and error, I stumbled accross a solution.

My system config is:

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro

Browser: Internet Explorer 10; NOT using google Chrome.

The fix was  was to uncheck the Active-X filtering from within IE10 (click on Safety and then uncheck Active-X filtering).  In my case, Active-X filtering had to be turned off regardless of the fact I am running IE10, not IE9.  The mode IE10 was running in did not matter either - 2010 mode, 9 mode, compatibility mode.  Flash would not run in any mode until Active-X filtering was turned off.  Adobe guidance only points you disabling Active-X settings when running IE9; does not indicate that ActiveX needs to be disabled when running IE10.

Bob Wise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines