• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not work in IE9

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tearing my hair out uninstalling and reinstalling in an endeavour to get Flash Player to work, deleting the Flash Player cache and browser history etc.  I use Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, IE9 (was using 64 bit but now use 32 bit in the hope of fixing the problem) and Flash Player 11.9.900.152.  I have spent hours and hours on this.  Videos just remain blank in IE9, but if I click on the blank area the video runs with sound but no vision.  All settings seem right, add-on is enabled and Active X Filtering is unchecked.  If I go to the Adobe website, Flash Player Help and Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer I am congratulated for having the latest Flash Player version installed and clouds move in the animation below.  If I go to Flash Player Help / Find version I get nothing visible in the check box at 1!! Videos are blank on IE9, but I got desperate and downloaded Chrome today to see if Flash Player would work on it, and it does, but I want to use IE9 as my default browser (I had IE10 but rolled it back in an attempt to solve this problem). Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has its own proprietary Flash Player embedded ("PepperFlash"). It functions independently of the ActiveX plugin for IE.

Download and run the Flash Player Uninstaller and Shockwave Player Uninstallerto remove Flash Player and Shockwave.

Afterward, go to C/Windows/System32 and delete the Macromed folder if it's still there.

1.jpg

Next, go to C/Windows/SysWOW64 and delete the Macromed folder if it's still there.

2.jpg

Open your registry editor. (Start>Run  or Windows key+R and type "regedit")

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE locate and delete the Macromedia folder if it's still there.

3.jpg

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software locate and delete the Macromedia folder if it's still there.

4.jpg

Once that's all done, download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following link.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save it, reboot and then run it.

Then go to: www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp

Click the link for "Internet Explorer/AOL" and follow the steps to download and run the FULL Shockwave installer (the link says 11, but it's 12)

Those steps should ensure you have a 100% fresh install of the ActiveX Flash and Shockwave pluigns for IE. If you've got problems after that, post back here and we'll look at options outside of the plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but no joy, with no change at all.  I followed all the steps OK, but worth mentioning perhaps that after uninstalling Shockwave I got the message that this programt might not have installed correctly and the options to reinstall using recommended settings or this program installed correctly - I clicked the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines