• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple eReaders

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my problem is worse than I thought.  I can not transfer any library books from ADE to my old Kobo Aura HD any longer and still can not move books to my new Kobo Glo so I guess something is really wrong.

I have deauthorized and re authorized both my computer and both devices and activation info is same for both readers and my computer. 

What the heck went wrong?  Thanks for any help you can offer.  I'm lost without my library books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This somehow got onto a separate thread from your other question on the same issue.

It may be worth trying the older version of ADE (see below) and seeing if that helps.

If that doesn't help, try a factory reset on the Kobos, then reregister them.

~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping.  I downloaded the older version and after going through the set up and authorization I got this message:

Error Getting Licence

Licence Server Communication Problem:  E_LICENSE_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY+ANOTHER+USER

I had seen your suggestion on someone else's thread last night and downloaded V1.7.2 but it would not recognize my Kobo AuraHD.

As for the Kobo Glo, I'm returning it to Best Buy.  All I want is to get my old AuraHD up and running with ADE again.

In a Sync with Kobo YESTERDAY afternoon a newer version of kobo software was installed, 3.1.0 right in the midst of my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I uninstall ADE should I also remove "My Digital Editions" file or at least remove everything in it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I uninstall ADE should I also remove "My Digital Editions" file or at least remove everything in it?

You can, but it doesn't matter.  If you do, make sure you have a backup of any bought books it contained.

After a new install, you may need to deregister (ctrl-shift-D, cmd-shift-D on Mac) and reregister.

The uninstall sometimes leaves incomplete vestigates of your old registration around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines