• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorize Your Computer - all details for Adobe ID entered sucessfully but no ID!

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows XP with a Nook.

Bought an epub book and found I have to use Adobe to open/transfer the acsm to the Nook.

d/l Adobe Digital Editions, rebooted. Opened acsm file, got Authorize Your Computer window.

Clicked on Create an Adobe ID. Browse opened page, entered all details, clicked on Create.

Nothing more happened.

What should I see? If I try again it says I have already created an ID, but it does not tell me what it is or where I should find it.

Annoyed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

When you went to IE did you successfully sign up for an ID, entering an email, password etc?

Also, have you verified the ID by responding to the email that successful ID generation will have sent to your email?

If you go back to the Adobe web site, can you sign in with this ID?

You need to get that part complete before you continue with ADE.

When that is OK, go to ADE and Authorize Computer.

Now enter the email and password that is working on the Adobe website; and it should accept the authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ctrl-shift-I to ADE (menu/Help/Authorization Information),

and that should tell you about what your authorization is.

~~~

If things still aren't working ...

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help/Authorization Information is greyed out - as far as I can tell, nothing happened on the web page after I filled in the details.

On Firefox, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it went wrong even before it got back to ADE ready for your new ID.

Worth separating the two

steps: (1) getting the Adobe ID and (2) applying it to ADE.  Removes at least one level of confusion.

It may be there is a Firefox problem with getting a new ID on the Adobe website.

Unlikely to be just Firefox (even Adobe do that much testing), but could be one you your Firefox extensions.

Try Firefox without extensions, or a different browser to sign up for your Adobe ID.

(Or do you already have one to be on this forum?  I forget now if the forum has an ID of its own.)

If you give ADE an existing Adobe ID it shouldn't need to go near to any browser to register the ID to ADE.

~~~

You might still need the deregister step ctrl-shift-D  as above if ADE is confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to help me!

I can't get a new ID, as it says I am already registered.

I don't have an ID to enter into ADE. Ctrl-Shift-D does nothing.

The registration has got far enough to allow me to use the forums.

I did try creating a new ID with a different email address, but got the same results. I'll try again with yet another, using IE instead of Firefox...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried with IE:

Open ADE

Ctrl-Shift-U

Computer Authorization window opens

eBook Vendor shows "Adobe ID", click on Create an Adobe ID

IE opens, enter details, click Create

Message tells me to close browser and continue in ADE

Close browser, Computer Authorization window is still open, no additional information

If I click Authorize, I get a message "Missing login ID or password."

If I click Cancel, then Close, window closes and returns me to ADE; Ctrl-Shift-I still greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you went to IE did you successfully sign up for an ID, entering an email, password etc?

Also, have you verified the ID by responding to the email that successful ID generation will have sent to your email?

If you go back to the Adobe web site, can you sign in with this ID?

You need to get that part complete before you continue with ADE.

When that is OK, go to ADE and Authorize Computer.

Now enter the email and password that is working on the Adobe website; and it should accept the authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enter the email and password that is working on the Adobe website

Aaargh! That's what I hadn't taken in - waht I had expected was for some ID to be created and filled in for me. So I entered my email and password and presto bingo we're all sorted!

Thanks for you help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.   created and filled in for me. Some hope ... Welcome to the world of Adobe DRM where everything is made as complicated as possible.

Good luck now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines