• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message after installing FP11

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following message comes up after trying to install FP11 running Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks and Safari 7Flash.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Peter Rowlands

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is important but the install download file AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg is less tham 1mb whereas the download page says it is 17.5mb

2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a question in regard to difficulties downloading the most current version of Flash Player to my Mac & saw your post.  I wonder if we're looking at the same root cause.  Mac Support says several versions of Flash Player are being blocked due to security problems.  They say I need to request a non-blocked version from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. I turned Firewall off but still had the problem. Please let me know if you find out anything more and I of course will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I know what made the difference, but I was finally able to download & install the FP11.9 software a couple of hours ago. Now I'm watching my Mavericks download crawl along at a glacier's pace. (Rural DSL service -- better than dial-up, but still leaves a whole lot to be desired.)

When I worked with the Mac folks they had me check to be sure both the pop-ups & java permissions were on (Pop-ups were, java wasn't.) along with making sure the firewall wasn't on. They also had me de-install/delete everything from the earlier version of FP on my system.

One thing that did trip me up -- the downloaded software window stayed hidden behind the browser window where I was getting my FP plug-in blocked error so tech support & I both assumed that nothing downloaded. Once I noticed that window in the back & went through the other steps with Mac Support, double-clicking on the downloaded software to install it finally worked.

I don't know if this will have any application to your problem, but I wish you luck. I've been struggling with this since yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your much appreciated update. It's 9pm here and I'll pick this up tomorrow when it's daylight 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got FP to install by going to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-rvm.html#main-pars_heading...

Chapter 6 gives details of what to set preferences in Safari but then gives a direct link to the download which downloaded a much larger file than before which then installed FP without any problem.

I hope this helps others shortcut to the solution to this problem i.e. go to the link above rather than the one in  a "FP plug in not available, click here" message in sites like Youtube etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several questions, because the problems are many and endless.

First, how do we open a new thread here? I looked everywhere but could not find any information explaining this.

Second, why is it literally impossible to find a way to CONTACT Adobeflashplayer customer service? There are no emails or forms to fill out anywhere. Every link I followed just led me into endless circles.

Third (and the main reason why I came and registered), I successfully downloaded Adobe Flashplayer on my computer several times, using Firefox and then Internet Explorer. But everytime I try to watch Youtube videos, this tab appears telling me that I need to download Adobeflashplaper. I did! I don't know how many times! I remove it everytime before I try again. It never works!

Why do you people make things so complex and difficult for everyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines