• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player is installed in my laptop and willl not work on certain sites.

Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop say's that i have Adobe Flash Player installed in my Toshiba Laptop Windows 8.1, i just updated to 8.1 but this problem excisted before the update. I follow the instruction's and when I get to the area to enable Shockwave Flash Player I am not able to enable it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Carrie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

First try running Windows Updaste again to make sure there aren't any Flash Player updates that have been missed.

If you're still unable to enable it, try repairing IE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try running Windows Updaste again to make sure there aren't any Flash Player updates that have been missed.

If you're still unable to enable it, try repairing IE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Now i have another question for you and that is do i re install the Windows 8.1 that i upgraded to or no. And if the answer is yes do i have to unistall it first. Again thank you for taking the time to assist me. i look forward to hearing back from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wound up with 8.1 "preview" on my laptop after my daughter was conned into installing it by a Facebook friend.
It rendered about $4500 dollars worth of software "incompatible" (that seems to be a favorite for Microsoft these days) and I had no choice but to reformat the laptop.
I'm avoiding 8.1 till they get it right. My best estimate for that is, about 2016 sometime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines