Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am seeing this error generated in safari 7 and it appears to be with any BC ajax request (at least related to the cart) like add to cart, or remove from cart, for example.

I had thought this was likely my own issue, but it apears to also be visible in other sites, as i checked some of the live demo templates on BC Gurus, and they also display this issue.

I am also seeing Firefox show my site as "Untrusted". Is this a related issue due to this unsafe header request..?

Is this a known issue.? I can not seem to find any info on the issue Googling..?

Kind regards Gary

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your locked under the worldsecuresystems.com url navigating the site. If you have gone to a secure payment page and back out and have not properly put in either some code to break out of that url or made your links absolute... when you go through the site your under a https url and scripts and files not set to https will cause this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I get it kind of, as i have seen my website url flicking back to worldsecuresystems at times, but i was going to address that later.  I will need to work thrugh this in my mind to fully understand it, and how to get around it.

So when you park your own url on BC as i have, you need to the page paths to absolute..? unless i have an ssl certificate.

Are my initial thoughts that it is just the urls that i set on the actual pages when i created them..? I did set these to relative, as i am using a temporary parked url at the moment until i am ready to swith my existing url over to BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the quickest most reliable fix for this simly to get an ssl certificate for the new domain..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found out you cant even have an ssl certificate on a BC site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i possibally change these http urls that BC is injecting into the head of my https pages..?

Stacks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

Your getting mixed up.

BC has SSL under the yoursite.worldsecuresystems.com Pages. You go to this on the payment page of the eCommerce or if you set up a payment form on a page etc.

If you use relative urls in your site any link after that you click will stay under that domain.

So you either need to set menu links to absolute urls of your proper domain or write a bit of javascript to auto update the links so when someone clicks them they are not under that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your right, i am completely mixed up over this, as i am seeing some different results.

If i go from a new browser window to my home page (non secure) > store(non secure) > stacks store(none secure)

Click an add to cart button, i see the issue, but i have not yet visited a secure page.

I have not yet seen the padlock in the url.

So when i am into that 3rd page with the add to cart buttons, and click one, why does the browser beleve it is https..? There is no padlock in the url.

Your answer makes total sense if i had been deeper into the site on a test visit and seen the padlock, then backed out, but i can see the issue every time regaardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally lost and out of ides. See shots attached showing (as far as i can see) i am definetely in a non secure http page, when i click the add to cart button and get the console error.

Yet the error does seem to be generated beleiveing there are unsecure scripts being requested into a secure page.. but it's just not a secure page is it..?

one.jpg

one-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to have to beleive this is a BC bug i think. I can see it every where i look. On newly created BC sites using built in themes. On the websites in the BC showcase. Even on the suppliment den site from pretty portfolio (when you click add to cart).

It would not be the end of the world if it did not throw the untrusted site in firefox the first time you vist. But as it stands i could not go live with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the URL in the addressbar when you are doing that?

Not seeing this issue on any sites I look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://thesupplementden.com.au/scivation/psycho

click add to cart (in safari 7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was checking this in chrome since it is webkit as well.

Not seeing this and seems to be a recent Safari version causing the issues with the request header. Could be prototype or could be the request header value capitalisation bug in safari.

Its not stopping functionality but since you did a good thing and spot this I will point the BC team to this see what they come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the error in chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 also, on both my site and the url i poined at above . see attached image :

Psycho_-_Scivation-2.jpg

It appear not just on the add to cart button, it seems to be any ajax request from the page content.

Could this possibily be related to my setup..? I am far from educated in things like firewalls, dns, proxys etc etc.. but could i have something that makes me see this issue when no one else does..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i think i know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do tell 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines