• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Download not possible"

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening book links I get the message (in German): "Download not possible. Error calling the licence. Licence server communication error: E_ACT_NOT_READY". But I can download and read these books in iOS. In ADE I have 2 different IDs: does this matter? In ADE I see no option to log in or change the ID.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does matter.

Each book purchase/loan is associated to just one Adobe ID;  when it first opened it is locked to the ID in use at the time.

It can then be used on other computers/devices registered to that ID.

To change the ID on ADE: use ctrl-shift-D to unregister it (cmd-shift-D on Mac); then register again (Help/Authorize Computer)

To change the ID on a device connected to ADE: use ctrl-shift-E to ADE while device connected to unregister it (cmd-shift-E on Mac); then register again (Help/Authorize Device)

Unfortunately, the Adobe team did not go on user interface design 101 and learn that features such as this should be discoverable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 01.12.2013 um 11:42 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: "Download not possible"

created by sjpt in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Yes it does matter.

Each book purchase/loan is associated to just one Adobe ID; when it first opened it is locked to the ID in use at the time.

It can then be used on other computers/devices registered to that ID.

To change the ID on ADE: use ctrl-shift-D to unregister it (cmd-shift-D on Mac); then register again (Help/Authorize Computer)

After that I get the message:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another message that I get in the other cases (that I can open in iOS!):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see your comments in the last two posts, but no messages ... (Windows 8.1/Chrome)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 02.12.2013 um 11:14 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

I can see your comments in the last two posts, but no messages ... (Windows 8.1/Chrome)

Here is the screenshot typed and translated:

(After re-registrating my Adobe ID as you told me I get the message:)

Download not possible

Error when calling the license. Licence server communication error:

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

And I sent you another mail with the other message I get for books that I can read on iOS:

Cannot be opened due to an error in the file.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5890976#5890976

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning Droege

Arzt für Allgemeinmedizin, Homöopathie, Naturheilverfahren

Eichenweg 51

D-88289 Waldburg

Tel. +49-7529-971881, fax -634160

Praxis@henning-droege.de

http://www.henning-droege.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download not possible

Is that (1) when you download from web to computer (ADE), or (2) from computer to device.

If (1), web to computer, is this a book you have already downloaded and read before?

If so, you were probably authorized with your other ID at the time, so the book is now authorized with that other ID.

if (2), computer to device, and assuming you can read the book on computer,

did you go through the reregister device above ...

To change the ID on a device connected to ADE: use ctrl-shift-E to ADE while device connected to unregister it (cmd-shift-E on Mac); then register again (Help/Authorize Device)

Alles guete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 03.12.2013 um 12:21 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Download not possible

Is that (1) when you download from web to computer (ADE), or (2) from computer to device.

(1)

If (1), web to computer, is this a book you have already downloaded and read before?

Yes (on devices), and the same that I couldn’t download before in ADE with the other ID.

If so, you were probably authorized with your other ID at the time, so the book is now authorized with that other ID.

Alles guete

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning Droege

Eichenweg 51

D-88289 Waldburg

Praxis@henning-droege.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have no more suggestions that will help.

One thing you can double-check, but I'm not sure how best to use the result of the check ....

1. Find the internal Adobe ID (uuid) associated with your authorized account on ADE.
    menu/Help/Authoization Information (ctrl-shift-I) will give both the email and also the internal ID that is the real key to an account.

2. look inside the book file as below, and you will find the internal ID (uuid) for which the book is authorized
    see tedious mechanism below.

If the two match, there is something wrong with ADE and way you have performed registration of it.

If the two do NOT match, you have somehow got a confusion between your IDs. 
ADE is correctly registered, but not to the ID you think.

1) ~~~~

OK.  To find the internal AdobeID.

1. open a sample DRM .epub file as a .zip file.
    With some zip programs, you can just open the .epub as an archive (ev, with 7zip),
    with others you will have to rename the .epub file to a .zip file first, then open it.
  2. find the file 'rights.xml' within the zip.  Probably  'META-INF\rights.xml'
  3. open the rights.xml file
  4. inside you will find a section '<user>' that looks something like
    <user>urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-xxxxxxxxxxxx</user>

That string is the internal version for your AdobeID.

That stays fixed for the AdobeID, even if you change the associated email (or password),

that internal ID is what is really associated with the book.

(n.b. there is no point in trying to change the urn to a current one you might find and recreating the .epub file; the DRM is cleverer than that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 05.12.2013 um 13:03 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

I think I have no more suggestions that will help.

One thing you can double-check, but I'm not sure how best to use the result of the check ….

Thanks.

They do not match.

So now what to do?

Reinstall ADE? As it works on iOS, it seems to be a problem in ADE.

Henning

• Find the internal Adobe ID (uuid) associated with your authorized account on ADE.

menu/Help/Authoization Information (ctrl-shift-I) will give both the email and also the internal ID that is the real key to an account.

• look inside the book file as below, and you will find the internal ID (uuid) for which the book is authorized

see tedious mechanism below.

If the two match, there is something wrong with ADE and way you have performed registration of it.

If the two do NOT match, you have somehow got a confusion between your IDs.

ADE is correctly registered, but not to the ID you think.

1) ~~~~

OK. To find the internal AdobeID.

• open a sample DRM .epub file as a .zip file.

With some zip programs, you can just open the .epub as an archive (ev, with 7zip),

with others you will have to rename the .epub file to a .zip file first, then open it.

• find the file 'rights.xml' within the zip. Probably 'META-INF\rights.xml'

• open the rights.xml file

• inside you will find a section '<user>' that looks something like

<user>urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-xxxxxxxxxxxx</user>

That string is the internal version for your AdobeID.

That stays fixed for the AdobeID, even if you change the associated email (or password),

that internal ID is what is really associated with the book.

(n.b. there is no point in trying to change the urn to a current one you might find and recreating the .epub file; the DRM is cleverer than that).

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5902821#5902821

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning Droege

Eichenweg 51

D-88289 Waldburg

Praxis@henning-droege.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now what to do?

I'd double-check the registration on iOS, and verify that the uuid there is the same as the uuid in the book.

That's more a check we really know what is going on and that I haven't misunderstood something ...

maybe something about your setup, or maybe something about the ADE registrations rules I have got wrong.

Assuming the uuid on iOS and the book do tie up, then you have different uuid on iOS and on Windows.

In that case, I would usually expect the emails shown in the registrations on iOS and Windows to be different as well.

If the emails do match but the uuids do not match, post back.

Reinstall ADE almost certainly won't help.  It leaves at least part of the registration behind and really confuses things

(just in case they aren't confused enought already).

The ctrl-shift-D unregister, and reregister with the correct ID should be the answer, but you have been through that.

If the Window and iOS email registrations do not match, perform the reregistration on Windows again, using the email as shown in iOS.

We'll probably get there in the end .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 05.12.2013 um 21:17 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

So now what to do?

I'd double-check the registration on iOS, and verify that the uuid there is the same as the uuid in the book.

Where will I find the uuid on iOS or Android? I open the books in Bluefire.

I found that on iOS and Android (where it works) the Adobe-ID in Bluefire is the old that I had just deleted in ADE. The source where I get the DRM books from has my new mail address however. Anyway it works all the same on Android and iOS but not in ADE with either Adobe-ID.

Thanks, Henning

That's more a check we really know what is going on and that I haven't misunderstood something ...

maybe something about your setup, or maybe something about the ADE registrations rules I have got wrong.

Assuming the uuid on iOS and the book do tie up, then you have different uuid on iOS and on Windows.

In that case, I would usually expect the emails shown in the registrations on iOS and Windows to be different as well.

Reinstall ADE almost certainly won't help. It leaves at least part of the registration behind and really confuses things

The ctrl-shift-D unregister, and reregister with the correct ID should be the answer, but you have been through that.

If the Window and iOS email registrations do not match, perform the reregistration on Windows again, using the email as shown in iOS.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5904428#5904428

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning Droege

Eichenweg 51

D-88289 Waldburg

Praxis@henning-droege.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addition:

I lent another book as protected pdf. ADE says «There were errors found in this book».

But I can open it in Adobe Reader.

Am 05.12.2013 um 21:17 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

So now what to do?

I found that on iOS and Android (where it works) the Adobe-ID in Bluefire is the old that I had just deleted in ADE. The source where I get the DRM books from has my new mail address however. Anyway it works all the same on Android and iOS but not in ADE with either Adobe-ID.

Thanks, Henning

Reinstall ADE almost certainly won't help. It leaves at least part of the registration behind and really confuses things

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5904428#5904428

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning Droege

Eichenweg 51

D-88289 Waldburg

Praxis@henning-droege.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lent another book as protected pdf. ADE says «There were errors found in this book».  But I can open it in Adobe Reader.

I didn't think Adobe Reader is capable of opening any DRM .pdf. 

This is probably a password protected pdf, which is different from DRM pdf.  I am not surprised if ADE can't open a password protected pdf.

Whoops, I was thinking OSX which would have been the same as Windows.

I see a comment in http://www.bluefirereader.com/using-library-books.html saying

You can check the Adobe ID that Bluefire Reader is authorized with from the Info Screen of the Library View. It should say 'Adobe eBooks are Enabled' and show you the ID.

but I don't know if that returns the uuid as well as the external email ID.

(I don't currently have access to the ios device I often use that has Bluefire on)

~~~

Next suggestion is to try ADE v1.7.2. See (1) below.

There is some connection between the registration of the different versions,

you should go through the ctrl-shift-D/reauthorize rigmarole once on to ADE1.7.2

I don't think this really is one of the bugs in ADE2, but maybe the different version will stire things up enough anyway ...???.

Also, I have put in details of the authorization system at (2) below in case it helps.

(1) ~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

(2) ~~~~~~~

Horribly long description of the Adobe account/uuid/email ID arrangement follows.

Usually you don't need to know, but as your situation has somehow got very complicated maybe you do.

~

Every Adobe account is permamently associated with an internal uuid, and at any point in time associated with an external email ID.

Devices are always fundamentally registered with the account/uuid; even though the email ID is used to perform the registration.

Sometimes devices show the registration as the email ID currently associated with the account/uuid, sometimes the email ID that was associated at the time of registration.

An email ID can only be associated with one account/uuid at a time: however, it is possible for the same email ID to be associated with different accounts at different times.

You can then get the situation ...

• create account/uuid1 associated with emailID1
  • device1 authorized using emailID1 with account/uuid1
  • emailID2 associated with account/uuid1, thus emailID1 no longer associated with any account/uuid (using Adobe web page)
  • create account/uuid2 associated with emailID1
  • device2 registered using emailID1 with account/uuid2
  • you are now in the state ...
    • query registration of device 1: it tells you emailID1
    • query registration of device 2: it also tells you emailID1
    • even though device 1 and device 2 are authorized with different account/uuid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 06.12.2013 um 11:33 schrieb sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

I lent another book as protected pdf. ADE says «There were errors found in this book». But I can open it in Adobe Reader.

I didn't think Adobe Reader is capable of opening any DRM .pdf.

Indeed, the book was for Adobe Reader but restricted for 2 weeks and for me.

This is probably a password protected pdf, which is different from DRM pdf. I am not surprised if ADE can't open a password protected pdf.

Whoops, I was thinking OSX which would have been the same as Windows.

I see a comment in http://www.bluefirereader.com/using-library-books.html saying

You can check the Adobe ID that Bluefire Reader is authorized with from the Info Screen of the Library View. It should say 'Adobe eBooks are Enabled' and show you the ID.

This is where I found my old mail address for Adobe ID but no uuid.

but I don't know if that returns the uuid as well as the external email ID.

(I don't currently have access to the ios device I often use that has Bluefire on)

~~~

Next suggestion is to try ADE v1.7.2. See (1) below.

There is some connection between the registration of the different versions,

you should go through the ctrl-shift-D/reauthorize rigmarole once on to ADE1.7.2

After that ADE 1,7.2 and 2.0 both show me the books burrowed:-)).

Thank you very much!

I don't think this really is one of the bugs in ADE2, but maybe the different version will stire things up enough anyway ...???.

Also, I have put in details of the authorization system at (2) below in case it helps.

(1) ~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1). Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above. There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'. The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically.

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

(2) ~~~~~~~

Horribly long description of the Adobe account/uuid/email ID arrangement follows.

Usually you don't need to know, but as your situation has somehow got very complicated maybe you do.

~

Every Adobe account is permamently associated with an internal uuid, and at any point in time associated with an external email ID.

Devices are always fundamentally registered with the account/uuid; even though the email ID is used to perform the registration.

Sometimes devices show the registration as the email ID currently associated with the account/uuid, sometimes the email ID that was associated at the time of registration.

An email ID can only be associated with one account/uuid at a time: however, it is possible for the same email ID to be associated with different accounts at different times.

You can then get the situation ...

• create account/uuid1 associated with emailID1

• device1 authorized using emailID1 with account/uuid1

• emailID2 associated with account/uuid1, thus emailID1 no longer associated with any account/uuid (using Adobe web page)

• create account/uuid2 associated with emailID1

• device2 registered using emailID1 with account/uuid2

• you are now in the state ...

• query registration of device 1: it tells you emailID1

• query registration of device 2: it also tells you emailID1

• even though device 1 and device 2 are authorized with different account/uuid.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5906244#5906244

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning Droege

Eichenweg 51

D-88289 Waldburg

Praxis@henning-droege.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, wunderbar ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines