Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why????????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any more info than that, it's really anybody's guess.

What OS and what browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing has happened to me. Flash was working just fine this morning (Yahoo news videos) but isn't working tonight. Whenever I click on a video it tells me that I need to install Flash Player. It is installed. This is happening on Windows 7 64 bit and IE 11/Firefox 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use IE AND Firefox (you should update to 25), there are two different plugins.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Updating one has no effect on the other. If you updated IE, then you need to update the standard plugin too, or vice-versa.

IE11 has had problems with Yahoo (or maybe it's Yahoo that has problems with IE11 - either way, they don't play well together)

Microsoft has recommended Compatibility View for sites that don't recognize IE11 yet. BBC, Yahoo, Facebook, ESPN are just a few.  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Trouble is; Comp View only works about half the time, if that. Microsoft really needs to get on the ball and release a "Fix" for IE11.

Download the linked files and the Flash Player Uninstaller

So, update Firefox, run the uninstaller, and then install the plugins again - both of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded all the plugins. Will upgrade Firefox tomorrow. I upgraded to IE 11 months ago. Everything had been working fine until this afternoon. Compatibility View didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden Flash won't work in IE11 or Firefox but works in Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled as well as both browsers and its completely trashed in both  browsers. It was fine and then I turned off hardware accell to see if it would speed things up, when I turned it back on it went boom.

Windows 7, IE latests, Firefox latest, Chrome latest. I hate chrome so I need to get this working in Firefox again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has its own plugin, but you're right to hate it. It's a resource hog.

Try resetting Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike,

I have tried that and it does the same thing. I tried setting flash to ask, then turning it on as well. I get a brief flash of a video or game loading then a white screen. I can't right click on it or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if your video drivers need updating. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still nothing, this is insane.

Ok now it's running in IE 11 just not firefox. grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines