• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player has to be installed repeatedly

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 with the latest updates assuming they downloaded and installed correctly. I use Internet Explorer 10. I have to install Flash Player every time I start up my PC. It runs fine until I shutdown and then when I start up again I have to install Flash Player all over again. I sure hope someone can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it from a fresh start:

Download the following files by right clicking and selecting "Save target as".

Flash Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save ALL files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT RUN anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, go to your Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLERS to remove the Flash Player and Shockwave plugins.

Go to: C/Windows/System32.

If there's a Macromed folder there, delete it.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64.

If there's a Macromed folder there, delete it.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key+R and type "regedit", then click OK)

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE delete the Macromedia folder.(If it's there)

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software delete the Macromedia folder. (If it's there)

Close the Registry Editor.

Next, run the ActiveX Installer.

Then go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ and download &install the Shockwave FULL installer for Windows (Internet Explorer)

Once it's installed, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, this is a very detailed response, thank you. Everything went just fine until I ran into trouble deleting the Macromed from C/Windows/SyWOW64. It refuses to delete because of a file mms.cfg until it has admin approval. I am supposedly logged in as the Admin. How do I get rid of that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File assasin

There's almost NOTHING it won't delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are outstanding and very generous to take time to help me. From what I can tell the problems are solved. Even this old man could follow your instructions, well done. Buy yourself a sody pop on me. LOL

Thanks again

Darrel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines