• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Nook Recognized as Authorized?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've authorized my computer and Nook with by Adobe ID.  Everything works find.  But when I plugged a friend of mine's Nook into my computer, it showed up in ADE as being authorized, despite my not doing so.  What's going on?  If my friend makes an Adobe ID to authorize his device for ADE, will he be unable to do so because it's recognized as being authorized to a different ID?  Is it authorized under my ID?  Has one of my slots been used up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope there are answers to this soon.  I purchased elements 12 and just installed it on a brand new computer.  It says it won't activate until I deactivate it on another computer.  I JUST opened it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@edgelesspigeon  I'm not sure why it automatically authorized.

He can deauthorize the device using ctrl-shift-E to ADE with the device plugged in. 

He can do this either on your machine or on his; probably better on his or it may automatically reauthorize to your ID again.

That should also free up his use of one of your slots.

#################################

@ctoering  You issue is different, you should probably have opened a separate thread, nevertheless .....

~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines