Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standalone recording capability?

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a licensed user of Captivate. I use it all the time here at RSA, the Security Division of EMC.
I build demos using our products, then capture the demos to produce screencasts. People really
like them and find them useful.

Something I would find useful is a standalone recorder for Captivate. I can't always use my licensed
laptop to capture stuff from my demo systems. Because I run all my stuff on VMware, I kinda get around
that by taking a VMware snapshot, installing the 30-day trial of Captivate, capture what I need, and then
delete the snapshot and edit the resulting .CP files on my licensed copy. If there was a standalone
recorder that would only output .CP files that could only be read by a licensed copy, that would help
tremendously.

Any thoughts on that?
mike
email
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

You asked: Any thoughts on that?

To which I reply: Yep, sure are.

You and anyone else that would like to see this capability should strongly consider submitting a WishForm advising the developers of this need. Personally, I firmly believe there is a great need for this. Either a stand alone recorder *OR* the ability to use MojoPac ( http://www.mojopac.com) or U3 ( http://www.u3.com).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, sorry. Forgot to include the link to the WishForm!

BAD toad... BAD BAD toad....

Click Here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've sent in the WishForm. Thanks for replying!

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources