• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about email campains, newsletters and hosting

Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i have a client who need a newsletter system, to send the weekly what they call thier "journal" to thier clients... i told them about my new Web solutions
(i recenly became a premium partner and rebranded BC)

We will redo thier website and host it on BC.

They have hundreds of emails accounts. (they are a medium size company) We dont want to mess with that.

Thier in house IT tech confirmed me that the mail server is hosted apart of thier actual web site.

So my question is, if we make a new site for that client, and choose the Webmarketing plan, will they be able to have the newsletters, email campains etc.
even if they dont have any email account inside BC?

if so, how do we just host a website on bc and have an external email server (managed by some other guy)?

thanks for helping me on this newbie issue and sorry if my english seems lousy ; )

hope to hear from you soon.

id.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've recently had the same question with one of my customers.

They wanted the new site I was developing for them hosted on Adobe BC, but to keep all their emails with their existing Internet Service Provider.

I was given this link:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1741

Step 3 Point 2 - "Pointing A-Records to your BC Site" - is what needs to happen.

This is what I did with my customer and they are now happily implementing email campaigns from Adobe BC even though their email accounts are hosted elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering quckly Derek, so for what i understand...

we need to go to thier registrar, and redirect by an A record to the BC ip. so that way the MX wont be affected?

you see, i'm no "network ninja" if you know what i mean...

id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a "network ninja" either, but yes that is exactly what we did.

It has worked perfectly and none of my customers email accounts have be affected.

With best wishes for a successful website launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci beaucoup monsieur!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines