• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer 11 and Flash on Windows Server 2012 R2

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Windows Server 2012 R2 which has built within it Internet Explorer version 11.  When loading a web site which has Flash content it prompts me to install Flash, but when I navigate to the Flash download site it says I must enable it because it is already installed.

After reviewing the  directions for How to Enable Flash, the directions become worthless because they don't match the screen that I see.

QUESTIONS:

1. Does IE Version 11 have Flash built in or not?
  2. If if does, how do I enable Flash?
  3. If it doesn't, how do I install Flash?

Please don't tell me to load a media-rich web site, and go to "Manage Add-Ons" and enable Flash because the enable Flash command doesn't show up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Did you intall it? If not, go to Server Manager->Manage->Add Roles and Features-> Select there server you want to install the Feature on and under User Interfaces and Infrastructure select Desktop Experiance. After you install the feature reboot your server. After that you should be able to display flash in the browser.

HTH

Gavin...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Server 2012 IE11 should be the same as IE11 on Win8.1... the Flash Player plugin is integrated with the browser by Microsoft.

There are troubleshooting steps for Win 8 here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html They should also work for Server 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, Mike M., don’t tell me to check whether or not the Flash plugin is enabled or not; I have done that several times with multiple Flash-Media-Rich websites and the command to enable it doesn’t show up. It makes me think it isn’t installed.

Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair IE? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

The thing is... Adobe collaborates with MS on the updates for IE10 &11 in Win8 &8.1 (server 2012 also AFAIK) and then hands the code off to them. It's "Redmond's baby" after that. There's a KB in Windows updates (KB2898108) that prevents downloading the ActiveX plugin throug Adobe updater from here. Even if you manually download it, it'll prevent you from installing it. I have a Win 8 and Win 8.1 test machine set up and I've tried to uninstall the KB with no success.

Unfortunately I don't have a Server 2012 machine so it limits my troubleshooting. Chris Campbell has more insight into the ins and outs of Server 2012. Hopefully he'll add to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you intall it? If not, go to Server Manager->Manage->Add Roles and Features-> Select there server you want to install the Feature on and under User Interfaces and Infrastructure select Desktop Experiance. After you install the feature reboot your server. After that you should be able to display flash in the browser.

HTH

Gavin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You need to install Desktop experience feature to get flash work on Windows Server 2012.

Regards,

Ali

SalmanAliblog.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines