• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get Show link in context-sensitive help to show master help TOC?

Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a master project with 6 or 7 sub-projects. When using context sensitive help, if a topic from a sub-project is displayed and you click on the Show link, the table of contents that appears is only for the sub-project. I want the entire table of contents to appear--the one that includes every sub-project. Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to do it is to call the csh topic via the main project using the startpage#target method.

See the topics on my site about calling webhelp. Read the one on using URLs first as that will give you the idea and you will be able to test it. If your developers are using map ids, I believe they can achieve the same result. Hopefully the topics I link to on that area will explain how.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for your reply. I read the article and have a couple questions. Right now I'm trying to insert a "Home" image in each topic of each sub-project. The Home image will have a hyperlink to the default topic in the master project. I'm assuming I select "file" in the hyperlink drop-down and choose the default htm file of the master project. Is that correct?

I saw another post on this forum with the same issue. You mentioned in that thread that RH will replace the absolute path with a relative path if the projects are in the right structure? What is the correct structure? I have the master and all sub-projects on my D drive, on the same level. When I publish all of the projects on a different drive, the files for the sub-projects are published to the mergedProjects folder of the master project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for your reply. I read the article and have a couple questions. Right now I'm trying to insert a "Home" image in each topic of each sub-project. The Home image will have a hyperlink to the default topic in the master project. I'm assuming I select "file" in the hyperlink drop-down and choose the default htm file of the master project. Is that correct?

I saw another post on this forum with the same issue. You mentioned in that thread that RH will replace the absolute path with a relative path if the projects are in the right structure? What is the correct structure? I have the master and all sub-projects on my D drive, on the same level. When I publish all of the projects on a different drive, the files for the sub-projects are published to the mergedProjects folder of the master project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do it the hard way? Why not put a single button on the toolbar that does that. See this topic. http://tinyurl.com/2pyc9r

The correct structure is, of course, the one I propose in my topic on merged webhelp! 🙂 Others will probably work so it is trial and error.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just gave this some more thought and of course you are trying to insert a Home button in the topic to call the default topic in the parent but, I suspect, believing that will open the full TOC. It will not. You need to link to the startpage of the parent as that will open the full merge with the default topic.

I think it will also leave the CSH topic open which is messy. Better to call the CSH help so that it is opened using the startpage#target method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp