Exit

Adobe Flash Player Information - incorrect

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking flash player information on:

1. Internet explorer:

Why when I look at flash player information on the website it says "none" for browser? It should say internet explorer.

When I check under mozilla firefox, it correctly lists the browser as mozilla firefox. So why when I'm in internet explorer, it does not list internet explorer as the browser?

2. Google Chrome

The flash player information incorrectly says my operating system is windows 7 (32 bit) - wrong - it is 64 bit.

The version of the adobe flash player is not current on google chrome.

The up to date version is 11.9.900.152 but it says 11.9.900.170.

I understand that google chrome updates the flash player automatically but when I go to the google chrome and check about chrome - it says it is up to date. If it is up to date, why isn't the flash player version up to date for google chrome?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known problem with Internet Exploder 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines