Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the default orientation?

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to Adobe Flash Builder and I am currently making a mobile application for a school project. I was wondering how you change the default app orientation to landscape. I've tried going into my app.xml and change the aspect ratio to landscape with no luck, and it is very hard to find any answers on the internet. I would greatly appreciate your help.

HomeView.mxml Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:View xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

actionBarVisible="false" tabBarVisible="false" title="HomeView">

<fx:Declarations>

</fx:Declarations>

<s:Image left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0" scaleMode="zoom" smooth="true"

smoothingQuality="high" source="@Embed('file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/48127-solarsystem-teaser.jpg')"/>

<s:Button x="-5" y="0" width="410" height="1504"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Sun)"/>

<s:Button x="444" y="852" width="80" height="80"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Mercury)"/>

<s:Button x="628" y="742" width="120" height="124"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Venus)"/>

<s:Button x="836" y="632" width="127" height="117"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Earth)"/>

<s:Button x="994" y="506" width="99" height="96"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Mars)"/>

<s:Button x="1255" y="464" width="298" height="279"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Jupiter)"/>

<s:Button x="1626" y="302" width="274" height="270"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Saturn)"/>

<s:Button x="1965" y="196" width="175" height="174"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Uranus)"/>

<s:Button x="2201" y="66" width="175" height="174"

skinClass="spark.skins.mobile.TransparentNavigationButtonSkin" click="navigator.pushView(Neptune)"/>

</s:View>

App.xml code:

<!-- The initial aspect ratio of the app when launched (either "portrait" or "landscape").

Optional. Mobile only. Default is the natural orientation of the device -->

<!-- <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio> -->

<!-- Whether the app will begin auto-orienting on launch. Optional. Mobile

only. Default false -->

<!-- <autoOrients>false</autoOrients> -->

I need to make it so that the app is permanently in landscape.

Thanks again.

8th grade student

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

In XML, everything within <!-- and --> is a comment.  You need to remove the <!-- and -->:

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In XML, everything within <!-- and --> is a comment.  You need to remove the <!-- and -->:

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You very Much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines