12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 3:58 AM by Tony1983

what is the best laptop to run Premiere Pro cc?

Tony1983

Hi everyone,

I've been having a lot of problems with Premiere cc since I downloaded it a few months ago and am now realising the problem is with my computer.  I have a late 2012 Macbook Pro, 2.5 ghz, 8gb Ram, intel hd 4000 processor which just doesn't seem to have the juice to run Premiere pro smoothly.  If I do any kind of editing, even just colour correction, the footage gets very sticky when playing back in Premiere.  if I try anything advanced like adding warp stabilier the program crashes.  I also bought magic bullet looks and I can barely open it without the whole computer having a meltdown.

This has been extremely frustrating and has made working with Premiere pro a nightmare.  I am now planning to buy a new laptop/pc and am looking for suggestions on what to buy.  i am looking for best bang for my buck.  While I would be willing to spend over a £1000 I would obviously prefer not to if I don't  have to.  I thought my Macbook Pro would have more than enough horsepower to handle it and have been left dissapointed and frustrated so would really appreciate some advice from the wider Adobe community on this.  I am also open to suggestions on desktops, not just laptops.

Thanks!

Tony