• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro Shuts Down My Computer While Exporting

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC has begun shutting down my computer during the exporting of a movie. I am on day three of the 30-day CC trial.

I had success exporting a movie once the first time, on my first day of the trial. However, since then, I have had little luck.

The computer shutting down has happened at various points along the exporting progress bar; sometimes around 45%, sometimes around 55%. When I reboot my computer, however, I see an incomplete, 0 kb file in my save location.

I have tried disabling GPU rendering, but this did not help.

The setting I have exported to each time (including the successful run) is YouTube 1080p 23(.etc) fps, with extra frame render quality turned both on and off.

Is this a bug? Is there anything on my end that's causing it? What can I do?

Thank you.

System specifications:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

Asus M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard

Asus BIOS Version 0803

AMD Athlon II X4 645, 3.10 GHz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6790

AMD Catalyst  Version 13.9

AMD Driver Packaging Version 13.152.1.8-131008a-163824C-ATI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Any AMD processor is not "doubly powerful" because it does not have some firmware instructions that Premiere uses for video editing... without those instructions in firmware, the CPU has to work harder than an equal Intel CPU to do the same work

Beyond that... your case is holding you back... you do not have enough airflow

The case I posted in #12 or this one for even better airflow

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Premiere Pro CC and Windows 7 are very stable.  I think the chances are very high that this is caused by a hardware issue, perhaps overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the case, what would be my options?

Which part of the computer would be overheating? (Processor, PSU, motherboard?)

Which part of the computer would I have to upgrade?

Is there any setting in Adobe Premiere Pro that would help strain my computer less?

What about exporting to smaller resolutions, such as 720p?

It's strange, because while using Premiere Pro, I don't see any struggle in my computer keeping up. I can scrub through the timeline and play back entirely unrendered movies without a hiccup from my computer. Why the exporting problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting will often push a computer to it's limits for extended durations.  That strain can cause hardware flaws to show up with a shutdown.

I'd probably start by installing some hardware monitoring, something that will allow you to see various hardware temps as you're exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some hardware monitoring with CPUID's HWMonitor (Bill Hunt's link), and recorded the results while exporting from Adobe Premiere Pro.

Here are the values in comparison.

----------

IDLE:

ASUSTek motherboard

Voltages

CPU Vcore: 1.008 V

+3.3 V: 3.280 V

+12 V: 12.608 V

-12 V: -6.080 V

Temperatures

TMPIN0: 41°C

TMPIN1: 29°C

TMPIN2: 128°C

Fans

FANIN0: 3668 RPM

AMD Athlon II X4 645

Temperatures

Core #0: 30°C

Core #1: 30°C

Core #2: 30°C

Core #3: 30°C

Powers

Package: 28W - 72W (varying)

WDC WD5000AAKS-65YGA0

Temperatures

Assembly: 36°C

AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Voltages

VIN0: 0.950 V

Temperatures

TMPIN0: 38°C

----------

ADOBE PREMIERE PRO EXPORTING (values upon computer shutdown):

ASUSTek Motherboard

Voltages

CPU Vcore: 1.344 V

+3.3 V: 3.264

+12 V: 12.544 V

-12 V: -6.080 V

Temperatures

TMPIN0: 86°C

TMPIN1: 32°C

TMPIN2: 128°C

Fans

FANIN0: 3648 RPM

AMD Athlon II X4 645

Temperatures

Core #0: 94°C

Core #1: 94°C

Core #2: 94°C

Core #3: 94°C

Powers

Package: 104.50 W

WDC WD5000AAKS-65YGA0

Temperatures

Assembly: 36°C

AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Voltages

VIN0: 0.950 V

Temperatures

TMPIN0: 55°C

----------

It seems  the notable areas that are potentially overheating are the processor and the motherboard. Are 94°C and 86°C too hot, respectively?

I was previously considering upgrading my processor to a Phenom II, as Adobe Premiere Pro recommends. Do you think doing so would rectify my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMPIN2: 128°C = 262 Farenheit (boiling point of water is 212)

Core #0: 94°C = 201 Farenheit

I think those temperaturs are VERY high

What kind of cooling do you have on your CPU, and what kind and how many case fans do you have?

Computer I built is listed on my notes page http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM with a "better than stock" CPU cooler and LOTS of case fans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

94C for the CPU is not CPU Diode temp but it's definitely throttling. However 128C is Diode temp for the Chipset. You have got to get that board cooled off or atleast the Chipset heatsink. The other temp looks to be the Voltage regulator which is also at shut down temp. You need to cool that as well. Either get more direct airflow onto the board or start looking for a different core system ie systemboard, cpu, and maybe ram.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have the stock CPU fan/heatsink, and a single rear case stock fan.

If I invested in a new CPU fan/heatsink, do you think this would resolve my overheating problem?

For example, this one?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4348163&CatId=798

Or this one?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7983382&Sku=A750-1005

How do I cool the Voltage Regulator (i.e. where is it)? And what if my computer case doesn't have any mounting points for more fans?

Thank you for your helpful input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your case have a mounting hole in the side for a fan?

Does your case have a mounting hole in the top for a fan?

Does your case have a mounting hole in the front for a fan?

When was the last time you shut your computer off and sucked out the "dust bunny" collection?

I don't know either CPU fan, so can't answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My case just seems to have the one mounting hole in the back for a fan. Nothing on the sides, and the front is occupied by my disk drives and hard drives. The case is the Antec Sonata III (http://store.antec.com/Product/enclosure-sonata_family/sonata-iii-500/0-761345-15137-5.aspx).

I cotton-swabbed some dust bunnies off of the rear fan about a week ago. Other than that, the interior doesn't seem all that dusty.

Shy of investing in a whole new processor (or computer, for that matter), do you think generally that a superior CPU fan/heatsink would curb my overheating issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY thought is with a "blocked" case you will see very little benefit from a different CPU cooler... you are not moving enough air through the case for good cooling

The case I used to build my wife's computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042 WITH added case fans (top AND front AND side) would provide enough room air moving through the computer to give good cooling... or something similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your helpful replies. They've given me some thoughts to go on.

There's still something I don't understand, though. I used to edit (and export) Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects videos on a Powerbook G4, 1.7 GHz laptop. While it got hot sometimes, it would never shut down like my computer is doing now. Sure, exporting would take longer, but it never over-exerted itself to the point of shutting down.

It seems like video editing hasn't changed that much in essence since then (barring working/exporting in HD). Now that I have a doubly powerful computer, why is video exporting straining it so much? Why doesn't my computer just take a little longer to export, instead of overheating itself?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any AMD processor is not "doubly powerful" because it does not have some firmware instructions that Premiere uses for video editing... without those instructions in firmware, the CPU has to work harder than an equal Intel CPU to do the same work

Beyond that... your case is holding you back... you do not have enough airflow

The case I posted in #12 or this one for even better airflow

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need a new computer.  If yuu had a good Intel i7xxx processor and a good nVidia GPU in a well ventilated case you would most likely see much, much faster exporting and at reasonable temperatures.  Just as an experiment get yourself a window fan (it might be difficult to find at this time of year), remove the side of the Sonata case and blow air into it like this:

Air-flow.jpg

Above you see an early Sonata case with and i7-2600K overclocked to 4.0 GHz with a nVidia GTX 680 and the maximum CPU temperatures with 100% CPU usage is 56°C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article will give you some suggestions for testing, and possibly correcting the cause of your BSOD: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3465303#3465303

There are also links to various tools, which might be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This is definitely a hardware problem, so I've moved the post to the Hardware forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I was in same situation, computer was shutting down while I was rendering videos in Adobe premiere pro or Sony Vegas pro. Found a way to control power and cooling supply to processor while on power saver+ affinity setting of core! Fixed - Shutdown while Video Rendering | Video Game - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know that 10 years later Adobe are still making programs that are bloated and buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines