Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restrict user submitted web app to one only

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Creating a profile system where users have to pay a subscription to a secure zone to submit a profile. I have it all set up, however I only want users to be able to submit one profile - after that's done, all they can do is edit their existing profile.

I can't seem to work out an easy way to do this. And since the site is membership-based, payment on a web app item wouldn't work, it would have to be on the secure zone.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on how this might be achieved?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Call the webapps submitted by user (hide this)

2. If it returns a value, hide the Submit new webapp item link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cedric,

Thank you. That worked - the key was having the correct module_webappscustomer called and given a class so that I could then hide it depending on whether it contained anything. I also used the same idea to have the edit profile link displayed or hidden depending on whether a web app was submitted.

Now I'm having trouble thinking of the logic to just output the link directly to the edit webapp screen. I'm assuming the syntax would go something like link/to/webapp/item-name?A=Edit, but is there a tag that will output item-name on all pages whether or not they have web apps displayed on them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines