• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desperate for any help about installation

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone can assist me at all with this problem I would be so very grateful.  I have had this problem in the past and I was able to fix it (of course I don't remember how I did it now).  Everything was working fine earlier today with both my desktop and one laptop.  Suddenly,  I cannot see anything that requires flash such as the flash website itself, most stuff on Facebook, etc.  I have another laptop and it wasn't even turned on--I turned it on and, same problem.  

I cannot go to the Flash website and install it because there is no "install now" button available.  I have unistalled and unistalled 100 times.  I have tried doing it in safe mode to no avail.  I have completely uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it.  I have used Firefox, IE and Chrome.  None of them display the necessary information as required by Flash.  I have done a system restore which didn't help either. 

Can anyone tell me anything I can do to get this back?  I have tried everything that I know to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After many, many hours of work I wanted to let you know that I finally figured out the problem.  Someone that has more tech knowledge would have probably figured this out in five minutes but it took me a while and I thought I would post in case anyone else is having similar problems.  Turns out it wasn't the flash player that was the problem at all.  After unistalling and reinstalling it over and over along with almost everything else on my computer, a light bulb turned on in my head and I realized that it was indeed a network issue since it was affecting all computers and not just one.  I called my ISP and they told me that they had nothing to do with it, it had to be my computers if I was able to get online at all.  Frustrated beyond belief, I tried some more stuff and finally just did a factory reset of the modem/router.  I had to call the ISP back in order to get them to reset it on their end (they were not the least bit happy that I did this either).  That did the trick! 

How long it will work, I don't know but I was so thrilled that it did.  If it does this mess again, they are going to replace this crappy modem/router device that I have!  So, anyone that is having problems displaying pages that are Flash-heavy, you may want to contact your ISP (they will certainly be a lot of help), or maybe reset your modem to its factory settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines