Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch service account causes tomcat to load instead of iis

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a site set up as default using Coldfusion 10. When I first started the website, I was using the Coldfusion Application Service as local and everything loaded fine.

The client requires that I use a specific account in the service so it access certain folders that only this account has access privileges to. I did that and restarted the Coldfusion service.

When I now go to the website, it gives me the Apache/Tomcat 500 error: "The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request."

I do not understand why it is now trying to use Tomcat instead of IIS with just the service account being changed.

I verified it has CFIDE and JAKARTA virtual directories there.

Thanks,

Phil Mervis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PIM,

All the CF services should be running under the same account and should have Read attributes, Read extended attributes and Read permissions on {coldfusion-home}/config/wsconfig and {coldfusion-home}/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE.

Can you try again.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I lost access to the server not much after you replied and didn't get it again until Monday morning.

I changed the coldfusion application server service and the coldfusion .net service to the svc-wsb@api.dev logon. I couldn't change the jetty or odbc ones because the logon fails for those.

I have given that account read access to the directories.

It is still giving me the Apache Tomcat error. My biggest problem is that I've never been a server administrator and so I'm not terribly familiar with doing all of this. Most of my jobs have been in government where I had zero access to make these changes and this client expects me to do this.

Thanks,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phil,

I understand the scenario.

PIM wrote:

Hi Anit,

My biggest problem is that I've never been a server administrator and so I'm not terribly familiar with doing all of this. Most of my jobs have been in government where I had zero access to make these changes and this client expects me to do this.

Thanks,

Phil

Can you let us know, if ColdFusion has ever worked. I mean does it work under Local System/Local Admin account. Are there any entries in the log file, related to the same?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I mentioned in the original post that I had the website loading fine using the local admin account. It would load fine with IIS loading the website and the pages showing up.

Once I switch it to the other account for the Coldfusion Application service, it can't seem to connec the Tomcat to the IIS.

As for the logs, if there are any I do not have access to Windows logs and there's nothing in the CF logs.

Thanks,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

It seems like a permission issue, as a specific user is unable to access the application. Can you give the user account, permissions on the webroot and sub folders.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

I have given the user account permissions on the webroot and sub folders and still no problem. I'm at a loss on what to do with this.

It has read and list access to the main webroot plus all of its subfolders. I've also tried adding iusr to give that access as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:129) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:203) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) 

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:82) coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:203) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.23 logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Phil,

Please add the user account to {coldfusion-home} and give Read attributes, Read extended attributes and Read permissions.

A list of permissions is defined for webserver at section 2.2.3.1 Web Root Content Security Permissions of http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/cf10-lockdown-guide.pdf and the ColdFusion level permissions are mentioned at 4.1.2 Setup Permissions on ColdFusion installation directory

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation