• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you 'globally' change all Auto-sizing pop-ups in a project to Custom-sized popups?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to RoboHelp 10, we are having problems with popups Auto-sizing when the .chm is called from our program.  Auto-sizing pop-ups are displaying in a small window that always requires the user to do vertical and horizontal scrolling.

A workaround could be to change all of the Auto-sizing pop-ups in a project to Custom-sized pop-ups specifying what the Width and Height should be.

Problem is that there are a bezillion of these that require changing.

Is there a way this can be accomplished 'globally'?  Only Auto-sizing pop-ups should be changed to the Custom-sized pop-ups.  'Display in frame hyperlinks' would remain 'Display in frame'.

Looking forward to advice from those with more experience.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can use a script or a search and replace action to change all

href attributes of auto sizing popups and make them into fixed size

popups. But how are you going to know the required dimensions of the

fixed size popups?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, William,

Sorry, it's taken me a few days to respond -- the dreaded flu bug is making its rounds.

The search and replace just might work.  I'll do some work to determine how I can best utilize the 'Begins with' and 'Ends with' or 'Contains' options to allow for the popups are all being assigned different names:

For right now, unless Adobe comes up with a fix, I'll just have to pick a size like 400, 300 or 400, 350 and set them all to that.  It's not as professional a solution as the Auto-sizing was in prior RH versions, but is far better than what currently occurs (which is likely to discourage someone from using the Help ...).

Unfortunately, this problem is clearly a bug in RH10.  Just retested again and I can drop an old .chm compiled with RH9 into the project folder the program calls the help from and there is no issue at all with the autosizing working properly when the help is called by one of our latest programs (of course, there was no problem with our older programs either).  As soon as I change out this RH9 .chm for one compiled using RH10, the problem occurs.  It's clearly not a problem with how we are calling the help .chm from our programs.  All that changed was compiling in RH10 rather than an earlier version.

One other question, where do I report a bug in RH10?

Thank you for your assistance thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you also, Jeff.

This is a link to my original post:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5686954#5686954

I'll include it in the bug report also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp