• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my local library. They have been unable to find problem. can U?

Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently my Sweetwater,Tx city-county likbrary has been unable to lend ebooks.  They can not find anyone who can fix it. When I go to theoverdrive & select a e- bookl, I then select my local libraty, but it shows a different library.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Overdrive app is convenient but not always very reliable.  Try the following; less convenient but should work ...

See if you can borrow books on a regular computer by downloading the .acsm file from the library using a standard web browser interface.

Then use ADE to convert the book to DRM .epub, and then copy the book to the device.  To copy:

1. for ereader device, it should show in left pane of ADE; drag/drop within ADE
  2. for Android or Windows device, it will show as mounted drive in file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder); copy it using the file manager
  3. for ios device, you need to go via iTunes or Dropbox or email it to yourself (Apple likes to make use of their devices as awkward as possible)

If it works outside Overdrive but not within it, contact Overdrive (or get the library to).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines