• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieve Certificate Variables (ie. email from CAC card)

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know if this is possible but it was mentioned that if possible the client would like to have this functionality. All users have CAC (Common Access Cards) to log into their computer, connect to the intranet, etc. The idea is that instead of forcing the users to create yet another account with yet another email address to validate using the CAC card. Their email address is associated with the card when it is created... but is there code or something out there where I can pull that information and compare it to say a list in a database of authorized individuals?

Thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a client certificate auth? Client-certificate authentication is something you can certainly work with.

I'm just not sure what this "Common Access Card" is exactly - is there a format, or specification that you can point us to for this "card" object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I believe a CAC card is a smart card with certificates on the card chip. It is used by the DOD as an ID card. I know that there is a Java spec for a package to interact with smart cards, but it is in draft and not a released version of Java yet (well, this was a while ago and it may be released now).

My best guess is that you would have to write a Java program to be run in CF.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation