• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue on copyng an e-book from adobe digital editions 2.0 to my pocket book

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the impossibility to copy an e-book from adobe digital editions 2.0 to my pocket book. In particular, it appears a pop-up with an attention signal in which is written "impossible to write the destination file". How could I solve that issue?

Thanks

Mario

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the pocket book storage is full.

Try using uour file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder) to copy a file from the computer to the pocket book, which will appear as a mounted drive.

That might give more information about the reason for write failure.

If that works but ADE doesn't, find the .epub file on the computer and use the file manager to copy it to the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean for file manager? Tranferring the epub. file from the laptop to the pocket book?

I got windows 7.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard file manager on Windows 7 is Windows Explorer  (NOT Internet Explorer).

The one that shows all your disk drives and the files and folders on them.

You can probably get to it using 'My Computer'.

While the pocket book is plugged in, it show up as an extra letter in the list under 'My Computer':

it will say something like (but NOT exactly)    Pocket Book (E: )

You can use this to copy the book from the computer to the Pocket Book.

It sounds as if you aren't too familiar with comptuers; if you can find the pocket book but don't know how/what to copy,

post back again. 

You may need to get help from a friend to show you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that the e-book is impossible to copy, since the maker made it so. Thus, do you have any suggestion on how to eventually crack this feature to trasfer the e-book to the tablet?

I bought the e-book on kobo and sincerly it seems strange to me that an e-book is locked

thank you very much

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Modern kobo books should just use regular Adobe DRM and be readable on compatible ereaders that are authorized to the correct Adobe ID.

I understand older kobo book had different DRM: but I wouldn't expect those to

When Adobe DRM book information say 'no copying', that generally means no copying outside those Adobe DRM limitations.

You should be able to copy within the restrictions.  You can double-check that with the sellers (Kobo).

Just double-checking

1. the pocket book is Adobe DRM compatible?
  2. that you have authorized your pocket book with your current Adobe ID?
    menu/Help/Authorize Device when plugged into ADE:  Library/Authorize Device if using the older more reliable ADE 1.7.2

If the pocket book is already authorized but to a different ID, you will need to deauthorize it first, ctrl-shift-E to ADE with device plugged in (or cmd-shift-E on Mac).

Be aware that will lose the ability to read DRM books authorized with the previous ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines