• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Windows 8 and I can not Install Flash Players , Why?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player installing will not install anymore and I have both uninstalled and reinstall over dozens of times and still nothing happens , why ? I have also installed Real Player and was running fine until now it no longer works . I am really getting frustrated with all of this trouble shooting issues and I even ran my scanners ,but no threats were found . It sort of seems as if the Flash Players are either bugged or being tampered with by intruders . I don't mean to be rude or get upset ,but you know I have learned that it is really not my computer with trouble shooting issues ,because there are others who are having the same problems as I am having . I can not play games nor can I watch videos because I have update my Flash Players in which I have over a dozens of times and now I may have to have my computer cleaned out and put new memory in and antivirus on . But even if I would buy a new computer and still have trouble shooting issues with Flash Players then that would be a waste of money in which I can not afford to buy new Computers each time one crashes . If Flash Players are recommended for ASUS Lap Top Computers ,then that should mean that my 4 yearold Computer is no good . I am planning taking it to have professionally cleaned out and that probably cost me around $ 200.000 or more at Best Buy Stores and that was where I purchased my ASUS Laptop Computer 4 years ago . Just think how much it would cost if I had my ASUS Computer Cleaned out and have Antivirus installed . Probably it would cost $ 200.000 and really that is a lot of money to fix my computer . I sure do miss HP Computer and I  had it for 9 years and it crashed a few times .but it worked after I had it fixed . Today , tried to uninstall and reinstall again but now I can't even download and I am affraid to download anymore and if I do it might cause my Computer Crash .  According to reading some of the reviews of others here it seems as if Flash Players could be having problems of its own . Could it be bugs or some kind of intruders that could causing trouble shooting issues because I even have a hard time getting into the website . Well , I just want to let you all know that I have tried every options and nothing works out for me . Until some maintance is done , I will no longer play games or watch videos . Please if anyone has any suggestions then reply here . SORRY EVERYONE !!!!  Merry Christmas !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RealPlayer can cause conflicts with Flash Player because it tries to assign EVERY TYPE of video or audio file to itself by default. I haven't used RealPlayer in years for that reason. It's an unnecessary program anymore. There are apps loike VLC media player that cna do EVERYTHING it does without conflicting with other apps like Flash Player.

With WIndows 8, Microsoft began embedding FlashPlayer themselves into Internet Explorer. Because of that, you cannot download and install it from here. You cannot uninstall it from Internet Explorer without removing a specific Windows Update first. And you cannot update it via this website. ONLY through Windows Update can Flash Player for Internet Explorer be updated.

That said, you probably DON'T have a virus that's causing the problems with Flash Player and Internet Explorer. Many, many websites are not "recognizing" the browser.

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released IE11 The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player.

So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines