Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge Animation not working properly

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I made a very simple menu with Adobe Edge on the site's hompage (http://www.floresblanco.com). When the page loads up the AE animation works just fine. But if I go to another section and come back to the homepage the animation won't work. The mouse cursor won't even change from arrow to hand if I hover over it.

I published the AE animation as an .oam file and placed it within Muse.

Please help me out.

Thanks!

Update: Just realized this only happens on Google Chrome. Is it a bug or am I missing some code?

Message was edited by: Seruhio

Message was edited by: Seruhio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I checked your link and the issue seems to be Browser specific.

- In Chrome, it is working as you explained. After moving away from the home page and coming back to it, the Animation doesnt work fine (The hidden text does not come up on Rollover). however when you click anywhere on the page, they start working fine.

- In Firefox it works absolutely fine.

- In Internet Explorer, the Edge animation does not load up at all.

It seems that while publishing the animation from Edge you t=had the option  "Use Google Chrome Frame for IE 6,7, and 8" checked in the publish settings.

You can either uncheck that, republish and then update/Re-insert the animation. Or you can use add the following code in the Metadata of all the pages which contain the Edge animations :

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

To add these you need to right click on  the page and click on Page Properties>Metadata and add this code in "HTML for <head> option.

There is difference in how different browsers reder this Edge animation code through Muse.

Please try these two workarounds and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Sachin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sadly I still can't fix it.

When I published my animation I only had "Edge Animation Deployment Package" checked.

I added the code to my home page's Metadata and nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have exactly the same problem:

When I load an OAM file in dreamWeaver and publish to IE the OAM doesn't show - there's just an empty frame.

When I reload the website nothing changes, but if I click on the empty frame and then reload, the OAM suddenly appear   (???)

The OAM is made only as a test png image with no animation, so it shouldn't give any problem.

Strange!

WR

Jønne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've the same problem on Internet Explorer 11, all my Edge animations won't work on IE11...

Apparently, a website with only Edge content works fine, but if there is some standard content AND an Edge animation inside, in IE11, the Edge content won't load...

With a lot of Refresh command, sometimes, the animations starts, but with the "previous" button of IE11, the animations won't start... never !

Example, if you have an Edge animation on your homepage and you are in an another page of the website and you clic on the homepage button of the menu, the animations won't load...

Here there is my website : http://www.tridess.ch

Even with the official examples websites of this page of Adobe Edge Animate (http://html.adobe.com/fr/edge/animate/showcase.html) :

http://html.adobe.com/fr/edge/animate/showcase/birds/

http://html.adobe.com/fr/edge/animate/showcase/floral/

The official examples won't work on IE11 !... But works fine in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari.

What can we do ?

It's a big problem and now, I cannot continue to publish website with Edge content...

Please give us a solution, an update or a procedure.

Many Thanks

(sorry for my english)

Note : I use Edge Animate CC 2.0.1 ( I tried to create a new test project with this version : won't work in IE11... I tried also to reload, resave and re publish my old projects : won't work in IE11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but since I reloaded animations with 2.0.1 version, every animation is working. 

Please make sure you have uploaded all the necessary files:

edgePreload.js

edgeActions.js

edge.js

Edge.html

Image folder

I use Adobe CDN

On your html or php page, include:

<head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime-->

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="edgePreload.js"></script>

<style>

.edgeLoad-EDGE-11111111 { visibility:hidden; }

</style>

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime End--></head>

<body>

</div>

<div id="Stage" class="EDGE-11111111"></div>

</div></body>

Example site working : http://transwebjp.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I uploaded all the files you wrote and my html page match with your example described in your message.

I just test a fresh installation of Adobe Muse CC and Adobe Edge Animate CC on a new PC.

I have create a very simple animation in a new blank project in Edge (just a red box animated to move left and right).

I exported in a .oam file and imported it in Muse, in a fresh website who never had any Edge animation in it.

No results for Internet Explorer 11... the animation won't load (but works fine in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari).

Are the links I mentioned above works well for you with your Internet Explorer 11 ?

http://html.adobe.com/fr/edge/animate/showcase/birds/

http://html.adobe.com/fr/edge/animate/showcase/floral/

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably your ie11 browser setting might be in very secure mode.

Click cog icon  on your upper  right corner. Click "Internet Option".  Click "Advanced tab"  See if the setting is different from mine specially in "browser".(Refer to the jpeg.)

Also see if "Active X filtering" unticked.

Click cog icon and click safety to see ActiveX filtering ticked or unticked in the dropdown menu.

If you don't see a tick, it's fine.  If it's ticked, untick it.

However I can see all the Adobe demo sites but yours.  I can see it's trying to load, but the preloader bar won't go away.

I'm not familier with Muse and .oam.  You may have to ask somebody using Muse.

ie11setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help.

I just checked my IE11 configurations. All my parameters are like yours, there are just some difference at the displaying.

I'm on Windows 7 (64bit) and you, I think Windows 8 or 8.1

Maybe IE11 is different between the two versions of Windows...

It's very strange that you can see all the Adobe demo sites but not mine.

I'll continue to ask for my problem with someone who use Adobe Muse and .OAM file importing into it.

Thanks for your support transwebj !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem I think is a incompability with explorer !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think so, but (unfortunately) Internet Explorer is the most widely used software ...!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to pursue to solve this problem.  If IE11 browser is not working with your Edge Animation, there must be a big issue between Microsoft and Adobe.  Chat with Adobe professional.  I had a massive problem with Flash player with IE11 and there was a known issue and Adobe had a  troubleshooting method but the problem was much deeper and only Adobe professional could solve.

Isn't there any way you can use html file instead of oam?  Your preloader is working. It just doesn't load your animation.  File path to Image folder is right?  Any way go and get help from Adobe Chat.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tested to publish as "web" and not as .OAM file.

It works fine on IE11 ! It seems to be a problem with .OAM exporting from Edge or with .OAM importing to Muse !

(I tested with leaving "use Adobe CDN" and I tested also without it, it works in the two cases).

It works but it's not very handy to include a web page into Muse (no preview, manually replace the files in the FTP from Edge, etc.)...

For info, I used this code to include the webpage into Muse :

<iframe src="edge/test/Sans%20titre-1.html" width="1248" height="466" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" style="border:0px;"></iframe>

I'll try to write with someone of Adobe Professionnal in the chat (but the chat is almost never online...).

Thanks again Transwebjp !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Officialy is a BUG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think YES, because I just changed my website (http://www.tridess.ch) using the methode of publishing as "web" in Edge Animate, and include it in Muse using iframe (like describe above), and now, my website works well on IE11 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danna Cooper work with me in this problem !!!

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5918458#5918458

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info !

Check this link also (Elaine works with me) :

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5905070#5905070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with displaying an .OAM file through Dreamweaver. It was strange as the animation worked fine in the Edge preview but did not display once inserted into Dreamweaver and previewing in IE11. To overcome the problem I published a fresh .OAM file and I added in this line of code. It worked first time

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

I added this to the <head> section of my page and it displays fine now so thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone having issues with animations not loading in IE11: it seems older versions of Edge Animate use an older version of yepnope that IE11 doesn't support anymore.

EDIT: This had been fixed in Edge Animate CC 2014!! If you're using the latest version of AE, the below steps won't help.

Solution: replace the yepnope code in the preload file.

1. locate, backup and open the preload file: should be in the same folder as your actions and html file. make a back-up first, just in case. open in a code editor.

2. replace old yepnome code with latest version (yes I know it says "Do not edit this file" on top, but I did this dozens of times already, doesn't break anything)

- the old yepnope should start with '(function(o,e,H)' and end with '(this,this.document);'

- goto https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SlexAxton/yepnope.js/master/yepnope.1.5.4-min.js and copy everything exept for the comment on the first line

- replace everything in between 'if(!AdobeEdge.yepnope) {' and 'AdobeEdge.yepnope = window.yepnope;'

- save

3. now your composition should load fine in IE11

Note: this has worked for me in the past, so I'm just handing it on. No guarantees though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this problem with Adobe Edge CC2014.1

My Edge Animation will sometimes load in all the browsers then most of the time it won't load.
If I test it from my local machine most of the time it will work but once or twice it won't load either in any of the browers.

It seems to be mainly when it is loading from my website hosting server.

If I keep refreshing the page it will sometimes work and load the animation but then if I keep refreshing the page it will stop loading again.

I have tried and read all the suggestion above but no seems to have found a solution to this problem or found the cause of it.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Here is a link to an example on my server: http://www.jdwilkiegroup.com/jdwilkie_cms/military_banner.html@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything wrong with it in Chrome 36. I do see what you mean in IE9: it just keeps on loading (displaying the preloader bar).

Keep in mind:

Moving things off the stage is not appreciated by all browsers and may cause strange behaviour, certainly in older versions of IE.

It might be better, if a little more work, to clip the images while moving them. My two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks Pieter,

It does seem to be a bug with the images that move off stage. I have stopped the images moving off and onto the stage and this seems to have worked. I have also clipped/cropped all my images to fit exactly onto the stage.

The Edge Animation seems to load everytime now in all the browsers.

This isn't good though because we all want to be able to animate images onto and off the stage are

I hope they find a solution and fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped.

Note that moving things in and out of divs is always tricky, be it in Edge Animate or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just checked it on mobile devices and the same problems is happening (Edge animation not loading).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines