Bitmapdata.draw + NetStream.play( null ) = SecurityError

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can someone help me, with this bug.

Problem Description:

While playing video in data creation mode ( play( null );  appendBytes( xxx ); ), if we try to bitmapdata.draw on video or video container, flash trrow error:

SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: app:/ApplicationName.swf cannot access null. No policy files granted access.

at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start NetStream in data creation mode( NetStream.play( null ); NetStream.appendBytes( xx );

2. Wait 30-60 sek to load buffer, or not( it does not matter )

3. Do Bitmapdata.draw( [Video or VideoContainer] )

Actual Result:

SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: app:/ApplicationName.swf cannot access null. No policy files granted access.

at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()

Expected Result:

We get bitmap data with current video frame image.

crossdomain:

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*"/>

</cross-domain-policy>

We tried:

1. Add in main class: Security.loadPolicyFile("https://Application.com/crossdomain.xml");

2. Added NetStream.checkPolicyFile=true before the NetStream.play( null );

3. Add in main class:

try{

Security.allowDomain("*");

Security.allowInsecureDomain("*");

}catch ( e:Error ){

}

Nothing helped.

P.s. Sorry but i created this bug in bugbase.adobe.com three times, didn't see this warning:http://gyazo.com/d0e3b5d6c9f52309d7646e510c542457.png?1361175346

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it's the same problem that i wasn't able to fix.

This looks like Flash doesn't allow to capture stream. Let's to adobe's guys fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding the bug report.  The first report number was 3501559.  I've asked someone on the team to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to hear that this is fixed. This is another one of those goofy issues that makes me wish I was not stuck working with Air on my current video project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution to this one yet. I looked up bug 3501559 on https://bugbase.adobe.com but didn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue still occurring with AIR 3.8?  Bug 3501559 was marked as a "security" bug when entered and those aren't publicly visible.  Unfortunately, this isn't the type of security bug we'd consider private but I'm unable to unblock it for public viewing.

It's probably best to open a new bug report, but I can also point the team to this forum thread if you'd like to provide additional information here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still a problem on iOS when the project is compiled with AIR 3.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a conversation I had on this topic. My mistake is shown in the very last section. The security error I was getting was my fault because I was trying to attach a netstream object to two different video objects concurrently. So I don't have this error anymore. Thanks for getting on this however and asking.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5480047

Any chance You'll be making the video object in flash work with GPU in the future? Flash is really slow when you're dealing with 720p and 1080p video where you need to capture the video with bitmapdata. Love the idea of StageVideo, but you can't capture screen shots. I know this isn't the right place to put this, but it sounds like you have a lot of power at adobe and I thought I'd mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new bug was opened up on this issue and if possible, I'd recommend taking a minute and leaving a comment/vote here so we can determine how this impacts our developers.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3617751

@jeffreyabe - The power really lies with developers like yourself.  We use the feedback from our bug database system (which tracks both feature requests and bugs) to prioritize features and functionality like you suggest.  I would recommend taking a look to see if this has already been suggested and if not, opening a new one.  Once added, please post back with the URL so that others interested can add their comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this problem solved?

Or,is there a reason for it?

nightost@yeah.net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this bug, i cant progress with my proyect because of this bug :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still a (ennoying) issue on AIR 28 and FLASH 28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have the same problem. Please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for now add

play(null);

play('');

between a try{}catch{}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines